Rama Revealed: Da Review

 


This book will always be the book which re-kindled my reading spirits. Although I'm don't measure upto be much of book-a-holic, when I bought this book from the Thiruvananthapuram airport for an overpriced 275/- Rs., I was thinking that I'm being impulsive. Yes, it's prequels have been the book which initiated me big time into Sci-Fi, and thereby the adult fiction, scene. Therefore they remain books which I will cherish for a long time.

All the details about the other intelligent life-forms in the unverse are amazing and confirms the Foundation Series was the only series that gets away without having to detail on the plethora of possible intelligence out there in the sky. The most interesting part of any Sci-Fi book or series is the part when they explore the way human beings evolve from the present to the future. That is, our fate!

This book falls short right at the part where it matters most. Most of the book is based on the estranged group of human beings in the mysterious spacecraft Rama; a group of people which typify everything about humanity brilliantly stupid, caringly indifferent, who are involved in the biggest intergalactic experiment set up by, guess who, God himself.

Who is God? What's the purpose of life and the universe? All these questions are answered in the last 50 pages of the book which was enjoyable until then. The answers really fell short of all measures of expectations and really made me realize that this is one of those book which are best when left unifinished.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...