Life in a Metro


After a busy day at the OT where we finished of a relatively complicated case with some difficulty, I went to watch 'Life in A Metro'. I had too many expectations. The cast, the genre and reviews etc made me expect a masterpiece.

That's probably why I left the movie hall with a little bit of disappointment. The cinematography, which has the amazing life of the bustling metropololis of Mumbai as the background, is breathtaking. This becomes even more startlingy relevant for someone who has read (or started reading)'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts.

I don't want to give spoilers. But the life of adult professionals with an overplay of extra-marital affairs seemed normal to me. But not for the majority of the crowd I feel who were silenced by the callousness of the marriages in the movie were relieved to find the funny parts of the movie where they could laugh out, showing theri neighbors that they too were enjoying it.

The Dharmendra plot was sad with the lines losing relevance just because of his tardiness. So is the plot of bald athletic men in Radio Mirchi being gay. But the other roles were perfect and very well executed. I loved Konkona Sensharma and Irfaan Khan in their roles. Shilpa Shetty was awesome! Really, all the stuff about Big Brother is so irrelevant after you watch this movie. Shiney Ahuja was cute looking like any other 'bhaiya'.

Despite everything else, I give it a good 3.5 out of 5.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi ...

Was abt to go 4 this mve today .Thanks for the inputs

SK

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...