Re-union of the neighbors

Things when they are totally unexpected are always sweet.

Today despite being an emergency day for me at the Hospital, I was able to have a nice dinner with E-boi and our common friend/neighbor from my home town. Ash, is what I'm going to refer to, is this interesting and beautiful lady whose family was my next door neighbor for about 7 years during my years at graduation college.

The really special thing about her folks is that they were very friendly, supportive and sporting. I used to find them so comfortable and used to spend a lot of time talking to them about life and everything else. Ash's Mom is an amazingly sweet lady who cooks the worlds best Mallu dishes. Ash's Dad is an awesomely level-headed banker with a great sense of humor. What else do you need?

E-boi and Ash had been best friends for over a decade (a line stolen from the testimonial for Ash at her Orkut page) and used to study in the same grade in School at that time.

Ash is touring Mumbai as part of a training programme and is here for a week or so. Despite the fact that I've not been keeping in touch with her apart from the occasional line online, we had a nice time.

Catching up was smooth and easy as there was not even a dull serious moment in our conversation over dinner and drinks. We pulled each other's legs until our pants came off and had a blast. Ash's friend and co-trainee was with her and all through out the 2 hour fiasco, must have felt a stranger in between three long lost friends.

After the dinner we had a dessert at Cafe Coffee Day and made plans to go for a movie on Thursday.

Oh yeah, and I had a nice time operating an interesting case early morning on Emergency.

1 comment:

Jiggy said...

great blog...spent a lot of time reading thru, but unfortunately, the number of entries were too many for me to endure....
keep posting....:)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...