Interesting blogs and more

I have been doing a lot of blog-hopping and I stumbled on to a few interesting posts I would like my readers to take a look at.
  • Joel Derfner: This blog is what inspired me to start blogging in the first place as is evident here. His latest post is so ironically true.
  • Aamir Khan: I like the way he writes and stuff. The design is also neat. But, can you believe that he wants us to log on to his website with username and password to post in a comment? Do you agree to this shoddy stand?
  • Amitabh Bacchan: This latest post about one of his fans complaining (bitching really) about him and his team of 'stars' not fulfilling 'promises' is very interesting. And you can see how the Big B annoys even his fans by using uppercase for a couple of lines. Curiously enough, my comment criticising this has not been published on the page!
  • Jabberwock: You should read this post about the reaction from the Indian public to Bindra's gold. Remember the TOI comments about the repeal for section 377. This is even worse!
  • Miscellaneous blogs: Very interesting posts about straight relationships
Believe it or not folks, I have got a couple of offers from other sites/blogs to write there. I really don't have a friggin' clue as to why people would want me on SiliconIndia.com or Mutiny.in. Especially in the former as I may find CEOs of tech corportations like Intel reading my posts about why the Greek soccer team should be awarded gold in the Olympics just because of their sex appeal.

So, do all of the 8* readers approve of this significant step for the GayKind?

(*as assessed on the 14th of August. Miss Quested's extensive commenting gave her/him/it a status of 1.78 readers which was rounded up to 2 in the final standings.)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Write for Mutiny.in! I love that blogsite!

flygye12 said...

what do u mean by 'significant step for GayKind?'

Prash said...

Is that really Amir Khan's blog ? The real Amir Khan (the actor) ?

SiliconIndia.com and Mutiny.in

What do they want you to write ?

Kris Bass said...

@ Unsungpsalm: I know!

@ Fly: I will be writing about gay issues and stuff. I haven't seen that kinda stuff at popular e-magz/journals.

@ Prash: Mutiny.in wants me to write about gay issues and stuff I guess. I'm not sure about SiliconIndia.com. ;)

pepe M. said...

what the f***! Mutiny invited you! you lucky fellow :) brilliant writers there indeed! wait, are you reffering to sepia mutiny?

Kris Bass said...

Yes. Mutiny.com

pepe M. said...

ooops! sorry. just clicked on the url and its not the 'sepia mutiny' im referring to...

Anonymous said...

http://serenegurl.blogspot.com/2008/07/stop-speculative-reporting.html

chk for the second comment Kris

It not all tht appealing..i dont know abt mutiny..

Kris Bass said...

Thanks for the comment Swats. I actually am havhing a e-mail exchange with her. Let's see how it progresses.

I'm already enrolled as a contributor to Mutiny.in. :)

And they are good!

flygye12 said...

just checked out mutiny. its frikitatingly full of Bangalore bloggers. thora Bombay ka rang to dalo zara....and whts this no bloody updates from u guys blogging band aahe kai?

Kris Bass said...

We are all blogging aren't we? Kaaitz bandh naahin!

Vee said...

Lol.... a mention for it being interesting.. wait till few girls pick up the flaws in my write up. :):)

Thnx anyways.. Btw, Gold medal in Olympics for sex appeal.. Haha that was cool.

Aamir, Amitabh are on my roll too. Amit is darn boring and Aamir is too much into himself. Yes thats quite irritating that u need to login. I did create an id and posted comments whenever I found his points not-so-true.. He never replied though. I also wonder whether these stars write themselves. Amit I am sure doesn't write always. Btw, I have RGV too on my blog roll and I kinda prefer him to both Aamir n Amit.

Kris Bass said...

@ Oxymoronic: I did check out his post about the 'Phoonk' challenge. I think it is corny!

flygye12 said...

KB i sent u an invite on gmailchat, not for actual chatting butit feels odd to see the green light next to Shobha De's name alone. i would like some more company there, ur online the whole day obviously :D Do u log into gmail?

Kris Bass said...

I did not get no invite. I have been having problems with Gmail chat anyways. No problemo.

My computer is in the kitchen. The computer table doubles up as my study table as well. And I watch TV on the 'puter. Yeah, near the puter whenever I'm home.

Vee said...

It indeed was..hehe... and I felt like leaving a comment there and then the screen took me somewhere where I need to sign up and blah blah blah, so i left it. I just read him now. U shud read one of his old posts where he has reviewed each critic's take (by taking names) who reviewed his Sarkar Raj. That was an interesting read.

flygye12 said...

oh i think I'd added an extra 's' in the K, invited again

Anonymous said...

has to be mutiny!

Kris Bass said...

@ Oxy: I'll get to the blog when I get time.

@ Fly: We're friends on gmail chat.

@ Chandni: Wha...? You think it's good?

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

The kind of swarm that infest rediff is really stupid. The comments there are an exercise in brain fart-ism.

Plus write for wherever you feel like but don't ever neglect engaying life ... :P ....

Kris Bass said...

@ rambws: I won't do that. I will keep this up anyway. I can bitch about in this.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...