The Answer-naire!

For those unaware, this is a reply to the questionnaire posted by our blogger friend swats in her blog. These are the answers. For those who don't know her or for whom this isn't relevant, I've got good news for you. It's a great confessional and fact-file about my life.

PERSONAL

  1. Are you blissfully content?
    More or less. I have love, happiness and success.
  2. You are happiest when…
    ... I’m with Vinokur (my love).
  3. The best compliment you have ever received...
    ‘Thank you for helping to save x’s life.’ (x being a patient) & ‘You are the most beautiful person that I have ever seen.’
  4. The one Bollywood film you can relate to?
    Bheja fry’ for the satire and wordplay.
  5. What do you consider your biggest strength?
    Perseverance and resilience
  6. The one thing that you fear the most?
    Losing my love.
  7. How do you deal with problems?
    Systematically analyze and work them out whilst keeping a lot of self-belief.
  8. Any regrets?
    (with what? Life – yes, to be in India when my partner is in NYC.)(with career – I regret that it denied me the time for the other important things in life like arts and culture.)
  9. Have you ever attempted suicide?
    Not attempted yet. Contemplated, yes.
  10. The wildest/wackiest/craziest thing you’ve ever done?
    Chasing a stranger in the streets of Mumbai without knowing where or what he was.
  11. Your deepest, darkest secret?
    When I was a kid, I’ve physically hurt my pets for their unknowing wrongdoings. I thought of them as persons.
  12. Your most embarrassing moment?
    Lots of them, similar types though. When I am not recognized as who I’m.
  13. The one person you can’t imagine your life without?
    Hands down; Vinokur.
  14. Have you ever really loved a man/woman?
    Yes. Man. Vinokur.
  15. The last time you cried like a baby? (please don’t gimme a silly answer here)
    When Vinokur talked to me after a month of uncertainty with Vinokur’s life hanging in the balance and after the apparent attempt at separating us by his friend/family. He said 'I love you, Kris.'
  16. Have you ever been slapped by a woman? Did you deserve it?
    Yes. My aunt, my sister and my mother. I never thought I deserved a slap.
  17. If you had one ‘Genie wish’ granted to you, what would it be?
    To let me and Vinokur be together for the rest of our lives no matter what we chose to do with our lives.
  18. What would you like your epitaph to read?
    ‘A kind, intelligent, honest person.’
  19. Do you wish to change anything about yourself? (Physical appearance, traits etc)
    Lots of stuff. Physically almost everything. Traits, a lot of stuff including my memory, thought process etc.
  20. Your biggest achievement to date… (personal/professional)
    Personal: To easily sustain my relationship (above) even after the setbacks.
    Professional: To gain M. S. Orthopaedics seat at the best hospital in India
    Professional: To get recognised for music in Rolling Stone.
  21. The one trait you would specifically look for in your life partner/soul mate?
    Honesty

GENERAL

  1. Do successful career women inspire jealously and insecurity in their spouses/boyfriends?
    Yes, but only in a weak individual. Ideally it shouldn’t.
  2. Chivalry seems to have taken a nosedive. Agree/ Disagree?
    It’s gone down I agree. But so has chauvinism.
  3. Would you rescue a woman in trouble? Or just turn a blind eye and walk away?
    Any time. Actually, would rescue any person.
  4. How comfortable are you mingling with new people in real life?
    Totally.
  5. Do you judge people by the way they dress or converse?
    Always. In the first few minutes.
  6. Should one-night-stands be forgiven?
    Dependent on what the clauses of the relationship was before. For a regular closed relationship, with honesty – yes.
  7. ‘Ugly intelligent girl’ or ‘beautiful dumb girl’?
    Ugly intelligent girl.
  8. How do you define success?
    Happiness.
  9. How would you introduce yourself to me if we were to meet in person?
    I am a nice person, but you might think otherwise.
  10. The one word that describes ME the best? {it better be music to my ears :-)}
    Good.

So swats, did I pass the test?

14 comments:

Crazy Sam said...

You are committed?? Shucks! :P

Kris Bass said...

Hey, the last time I checked, there are about three million twenty four lakh seventy eight thousand gay mallu males who are not committed!

You would find some!

The Line of Beauty said...

@Sam--I am one of those mallu males :)

@kris-- I think after reading this, there is no doubt we ( genius mallus) think alike

Kris Bass said...

TLOB: I really think that we should rest our cases and not waste time trying to make other aware of Mallu greatness.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
(Not attempted yet. Contemplated, yes.)
I really appreciate ur honesty here

Have you ever been slapped by a woman? Did you deserve it?
(Yes. My aunt, my sister and my mother. I never thought I deserved a slap)
I can’t stop laughing…sorry :-)

(To gain M. S. Orthopaedics seat at the best hospital in India)
Which hospital is this? and many congratulations on your achievement

How would you introduce yourself to me if we were to meet in person?
(I am a nice person, but you might think otherwise)
Hehehehehhehe…I’ll remember this

I’m delighted to say that u fared way above my expectations. I found myself completely engrossed and I had a whale of a time reading all ur answers. I didn’t know abt Vinokur..Glad to know abt him now..wishing u luck for all ur personal/professional endeavors

Thnx so much :-)

Kris Bass said...

@ Swats: Whoa lady, what's so funny about being slapped by women?

@ Hospital: It's KEM hospital, in Parel. Before you get confused, it's the best place to do your residency of Orthopaedics in India. I'm done with my residency but have failed in the exam.

What do you mean about way above my expectations? Doesn't that sound like you expected a poor faring? This is unfair. Would a bouquet of white roses make for a better grade in my answer paper, swats?

Anonymous said...

R u really asking me tht? The second half is funnier actually
(I never thought I deserved a slap)
its not abt being slapped by wimmen, just the way it came across made me laugh

Ok @KEM…u an Orthopaedic surgeon? Whts residency? sum training program? wht abt Sancheti, Pune? Hw is tht?

Way above.. as in.. I didn’t expect u to patiently read thru the entire questionnaire..and frankly I was expecting monosyllabic answers frm most men..

bouquet of white roses..ummnn..how abt dark chocolate?? :-)

Kris Bass said...

Do you watch ER/Gray's Anatomy/Scrubs? If not, I'll try to explain.

Residency is like 3 years of training period when you learn the basics of your specialization. It's the grandfather of internship. It's not like regular training in non-medical fields. Almost the entire work in a hospital is run by resident doctors. And I haven't heard of the Pune hospital.

You have a weird contorted view about men aren't you? And didn't you generalize? I'll forgive you for both! ;)

Dark chocolate rose? I don't think my florist has that!

Anonymous said...

ok@residency
Dark chocolate rose! U know wht I meant…but tht was witty

May b I did generalize but didn’t I say ‘most’ :-)Thts a better way to put it across hehe

Y don’t u write a post on ‘debunking myths abt men’

Kris Bass said...

Good idea. Let me ponder on that.

Kris

pepe M. said...

you are one amazing man! vinokur is so lucky to have you...

LDR is tough ( i should know coz my bf is in bnglr while im here in chennai), but gosh, NYC???? thats oceans away!!!

wish you guys all the best...

Kris Bass said...

Really, thanks for the compliment. I and Vinokur consider each other to be lucky to have found one another. LDR is tough, but it's manageable. Especially with the oceans/sharks giving a sort of fantastical feel to the separation.

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

you passed it and tht too with full marks hehe

You are committed? Hehehe Lucky you. And so happy that you guys are going strong.

Kris Bass said...

LOL, yeah? By the way, howdya know I did with full marks?

Thanks for the nice words.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...