Unbelievable day!

Some days can’t be just topped. Yesterday was another awesome day in my life; one in which I actually lived the dream of playing on the same stage as Zero. I might be repeating myself when I confess that one of the reasons for me to come to Mumbai was Zero. They made me dream; dream of being in a rock band and play live to thrill the audience. And did Shoonyas ever!

I still cannot believe the crowd response to our set. The hall was packed with about 250 people. Despite the goof-up from the event management side which sliced our performance into two short stretches separated by an hour long gap, we had a successful gig. We played well and impressed one and all and in that process, we did bring the house down! The comments that we got after the show were heartening. A few people even told me that I sang well!

It was so strange really! About four days back, Noise Market gig was such a disaster. And at Shoonyas’ gig, with whom three of (the five of) us from Noise Market play, was professional and quality stuff. The Noise Market guitarist was there to check out our show and he was totally impressed. I even think that he felt bad to realize that Shoonyas were sounding better than Noise Market.

In a way it is kinda obvious why it is so. Noise Market is full of work and pressure. Shoonyas is more fun in a relaxed manner. There is no one breathing down your neck forcing you to play and hence the performances get better. Ah, how I wish things would go back to the original ‘fun’ state in Noise Market as well.

But the best part of the evening wasn’t that. It was the Zero gig! Man, do they rock! It was promoted as one of the last gigs from the very famous and popular band. And maybe that’s why they sounded extra special! They got the crowd up and chanting and played spontaneous jams sandwiched with tight original masterpieces like ‘Roxanne’, ‘Ayaya’ and ‘PSP 12” ‘! It’s a sad thing that half of the band have to go abroad to pursue their regular careers! I hope I don’t end up doing that!

But the best part of the entire day came from a totally unexpected source. Since I don’t have the permission to let out details, I’ll be a little clandestine. A famous author/critic sent me an e-mail saying that he loves reading my blog. In the exchange that ensued, where I revealed to him the desire to write a book someday, he said ‘If you are the kind of person who believes in working hard to make dreams come true, I see at least one book coming from you!’

That’s it! What a day!

16 comments:

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

Yay!! I hope I get a free copy.

And good you enjoyed the gig.

Anonymous said...

finally, some good news after a week of rats, and hunger, and long distance loving, you deserved this.
make sure the book has lots of photographs!
-duncan

Anonymous said...

listen, in the stalker 12-step program I joined before my bowels exploded and I died, everyone was so jealous of me because I got to stalk you for a week. You're already famous if you ask me.
-- quested burns in hell.

Anonymous said...

Life doesn't bite so much after all! Yay!

Kris Bass said...

rambws: LOLz, let me think of starting to initiate the process first.

Duncan: Quested deserved it I think. Yeah, it's positive after all.

Unsungpsalm: Yes, it isn't! ;)

Anonymous said...

Rock on dude! Ur the man!!! Dream on!

Cheerio! :-)

Kris Bass said...

@ wtml: Ahem, since sometime earlier this year, the phrase 'Rock on' has taken a whole different meaning - a phrase to signify the banality of something! Hence, I'm reserved whilst expressing thank you for the comments! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the successful gig!

Anonymous said...

hey guys dnt forget to check ndtv 2nyte at 8. the gay guy seems pretty witty n cool... great to see u appy kris. bin readin ur blog since 2 weeks nw. its bcom like a daily routine. caught ya 4m viks blog n fb list. great blog ya got!!
..Db

Kris Bass said...

@ Silverneurotic: Thanks!

@ Anonymous: The NDTV thing is postponed! And I don't get IBN Lokmat. What's FB list? You must mean GB list. And I can't quite get the initials! Anyway, glad that you are having a good tima at this blog.

Anonymous said...

What a day, indeed!
Phew!
Congrats on a successful gig... I wasn't kidding about that publicity part. I shall email you some details... :)
And a book, eh? Nice... Go for it, man! When my book was released, it was an awesome feeling... Trust me, its probably a similar feeling to being on stage when hundreds of people are cheering u! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a great gig.

I am sure there will be many books outta you in the future. But only after your residency sweetie!

Back to the books!!!!!! *cracks whip*

A Well wisher in NYC

Anonymous said...

Oh kris, you need to send this famous author to my blog next. :p Juss playin. Fab, love, I'd love to see a book from u too!!!

Kris Bass said...

Roop: What do you mean by 'you too'? Maybe I shoudn't have typed that!

Anonymous said...

i meant facebook by 'fb'..DelH boi

Kris Bass said...

Okay!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...