The aftermath

I don't know why I'm typing this now. My head hangs in disappointment after an average performance at the gig. My arms ache from all the lugging of the equipment for the gig. My fingers are sore with all the excessive plucking of the strings. My heart is proud but wary of the consequences of my 'coming out' on press and television. My stomach feels a tad empty because I'm lazy to make/order/eat anything (substantial). My legs are tired of walking for the pride march.

Tonight would have been ideal for me and Vinokur to be spending a few quiet hours together, in each others arms: him running his fingers through my hair, gently massaging my scalp as I caress him and snuggle my nose into his furry chest. This is the day that I miss him. I love you my Vinokur!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how was the gig?

And the parade?

Tell all, dont just play all hangdog and tired. Enquiring minds want to know.

A well wisher in NYC

The Line of Beauty said...

We all underestimate ourselves and become a tad too harsh on ourselves.
I am sure you'd have given a rocking performance.

Now, that it's over, get over it!
you would have done nothing short of brilliant :)

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww.... come on!!!

We all have good bad and average days!!

coming out, now that's something to be cheerful about :)

next stop has to be delhi please!

Kris Bass said...

@ awwiNYC: The gig was just average. The band didn't bring down the room. And I will tell ya'll. I just woke up from a 16 hour sleepathon.

@ TLOB: I'm tryin'. Well, the crowd were cheering for it.

@ Chandni: Yeah, coming out was a great experience. Next stop... we will see!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...