Three's company

Because of my amazingly narcissistic post about my own micro-celebrity status a couple of days back, the readership of this blog has skyrocketed from 1l.63 readers per week to an astounding 13.13 readers in over 3 days! Can you believe that! I mean if you talk about daily visits, it means that I have gained one more blog reader in the last 3 days! Thank you! Thank you!

Some of those 13.13 readers/week would already know that I’m an amazingly cool guy who’s part of two rock bands – Noise Market and Shoonyas! Now here’s the stunner! I think I’m about to join another band! [Pause for raptures]

Yes! I have been getting offers and stuff. But this one sounds really serious and fun. The curious thing is that the band isn’t formed yet nor does it have a name. I got this e-mail from my friend (who’s the reason for my micro-celebrity status) forwarding me a mail from his friend who was seeking for bass guitarist for his band. I’d responded with wariness.

I got an e-mail from the vocalist of the band; a very ambitious, confident guy, who is assembling a troupe of 6 people including two guitarists, a drummer and a turn-table/synthesizer player. The genre, as he explained the barrenness of bands in India, is rock-metal. Something like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, POD etc. He seemed to have the firm idea of creating original compositions and using covers just for establishing in the first few months.

Curiously enough, this guy seems to have a fantastic sense of humor – in the campy, cheesy side; so much like mine. It might just be true fellas that in a few years time, you may find this in the annals of Indian rock history – … and they met on the stage of the biggest rock festival in India, Independence Rock. They have never looked back since.

We’re meeting tonight at I-Rock. Hope that it is as good as it looks!

13 comments:

Pooja said...

hope it all turns out well :)

Anonymous said...

As long as nothing is found in the 'anals' of anything/ anybody ;-)

Kris Bass said...

@ Pooja: Yeah, even I hope!

@ Anonymous: What did you mean by that. Are you an anti-sodomist? LOLz

(PS: I met the band mates. The guys sounded nice and funny!)

Rita said...

I made a comment on a recent post of yours that I need to clarify. Reading the comment back to my self, I could see where it might be confusing or even misconstrued.
The comment:
Funny now that you mention Jews...I have been thinking that the homosexual is the new Jew. Like green is the new black, etc, etc...I was wondering who to leave that thought with...& it's you.


What I meant was this:
"Green is the new black." This might be strictly an American idiom. The idea behind it is that in fashion, the color black is generally considered vogue & always in fashion, in a sense. "Green is the new Black" was coined because to be "green" or environmentally aware & recycle, etc... is in vogue at the moment.Hence, "Green is the new Black"
Jewish authors, Playwrites, comedians, etc.. have always been enjoyed & appreciated for their particular brand of humor. What I mean is an ability to poke fun at themselves in a way that is sophisticated, witty & endearing. (Think of Woody Allen or perhaps Philip Roth) I have discovered that same kind of sophisticated witty, endearing, & self depreciating quality of humor in a lot of the books, etc... written by the gay community. For instance, David Sederas(?) & Augusten Burroughs. Hence, "The homosexual is the new Jew."

In hind sight, it probably wasn't the most politically correct thing to say, but I didn't mean it too reflect badly on anyone.

Now I'll shut up. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... i've never been to the independence rock festivals, you know. pity...!

glad things were patched up with the sis. :)

Anonymous said...

First things first: Farhan Akhtar’s ROCK ON reminded me of you Kris..
I can now relate to all your posts in a better way..those conflicting ideas, adulation, agony-n-ecstasy, the live audience, those action packed rehearsal sessions, the band, rolling stones in the backgrnd, concerts etc etc...

There’s a scene in the film tht specifically reminded me of 1 of ur posts..In the film, these guys get a contract but thre r sum conditions and they need to compromise on their style of singing/genre! I think I really thought of u all thru the film n even told my cuzzin abt u ;-)

U r a rock star in the making :-)

I hope this meeting works for u and u get all tht u want frm life..God Bls! and ROCK ON!

Anonymous said...

Uffff. Such dramatics.

When are you coming to Pakistan?

Kris Bass said...

@ handmaiden: Yeah, that really helped. I was helped by the 'significant other' jew in this process as well. He thought that you were quite elegant in explaining that.

@ Closetalk: Why don't you come along tomorrow? It's going to be even better tomorrow!

@ Swats: I am yet to see Rock On! I have made plans with Dr. T and Dr. R tomorrow. (Dr. R is by the way my 'colleague' who had to act like she's my wife). I have heard from a lot of people that it's a great movie. I'm dying to see it.

Thank you for all the nice words.

@ Jalal: As soon as you invite me over! ;)

samudrika said...

a small correction. in addition to the 13 dot something visitors to your blog you also have 27 subscribers to your blog feed on google reader.

me think it no fair that i no represented in your count. :)

in addition it makes you a bigger celebrity than you had thought you were and who doesn't love an ego boost,no? :)

Vee said...

Great going mate... Hows the festival turned out to be?

Kris Bass said...

@ Samudrika: Where did you come up with that? You don't have to make numbers to make me feel better! ;)

@ Oxy: The festival's going on just fine Thanks!

Firebolt said...

So, how did it turn out, Kris?

Kris Bass said...

@ firebolt: Yeah, the guys were interesting and funny. They seemed a little too ambitious though. But I think it's going to work out fine. The first jam is hopefully next weekend!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...