The importance of being tidy

I have had a rough time in the last month or so. My life is in disarray. I have had an erratic 'working' schedule with the recording at the studio and rehearsals. My studies have taken a backseat and I have not been going to the library. I have been chatting with Vinokur late into the night and despite trying to sleep early, it hasn't worked so far. I have done a lot of blogging around in the free time that I have had. And on top of that, my social life was also kinda hitting a high.

I am not hitting the gym and I am worried about gaining back a flab that I had lost in the first few months in there. Wondering why I am not gymming? 1) Because I have tendinitis of my left hand. I don't want to injure it in anyway as we have gigs lined up. What I'm hoping is that I can consult with my doctor at the hospital, a reputed orthopaedician, if it is safe to hit the gym again. And I need to do that soon. Probably this Tuesday as I have a day of mixing at the studio. 2) I can't really follow the high protein with fruits and fancy things because I'm running low on finances.

All this meant that my usually organized self got disheveled. I don't have a regular schedule of getting up, going to the gym, going to the library, studying and then having the whole evening to myself. Well, not just myself; the band, Vinokur, friends, Internet friends etc. Someone might point out that I have too much going on in my life and I should cut down on something to get back into the groove. Tell me, what can I sacrifice? Band? Vinokur? Internet? Myself? Sleep?

Nothing really. Well, it's not that I have not had enough to organize myself. But I haven't been able to. I have tried probably a little lazily. But with nobody to really push me around even I did a lot of 'slouching'. And every now and then, I felt bad about it myself and I had decided to do something about it. Alas, something or the other comes up.

Yesterday, I was feeling the worst about this and I decide that I had enough. In homage to that decision I turned down 1 each of movie, hang-out and dinner invites from my friends yesterday night. I also turned down an offer to meet up with an old college friend of mine who happens to live just a couple of blocks from my apartment. Yeah, on Saturday night, just like a loser, I spent my time alone. Well not really. But with Vinokur and with my Internet friends. This gave me the wonderful opportunity to sleep early and I did sleep by around 1 am in the night. The result was fantastic.

Sunday morning, I did start brightly. I got up nice and early and after the formality of the Sunday Times with coffee and toast, I decided to finish up a truck-load of chores. At the end of the afternoon, I feel nice and fresh with my shampooed hair smelling good and I'm surrounded by a nice and tidy apartment. And I did do this while watching Seinfeld and Friends (after I got bored of watching the test match that is).

After my practice session which got postpone from the morning to evening, I can probably re-start my studies. I will turn it around this time. Yes, I will!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, tidiness IS important... especially in one's time management.

I wish I would learn some too!
How about Vinokur-ing on alternate days? I suppose band-activity is at a high, so that cannot be compromised. Trim the internet a bit too!

Kris Bass said...

I can't Vinokur alternate day. Apart from that I can do everything else.

Wish me luck!

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

luck .....

i can never be organized and tidy ...

i need my mess to function properly ...

Prash said...

Tidying an apartment watching Seinfeld and Friends...I remember my university days in Paris...Good luck !

Kris Bass said...

It's not just tidying of the apartment. It's more like tidying my entire life!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...