Disgusting

It's about 2 kilometers to the hospital from my home. Once I get to the highway from the lane that I live in, it is a breezy ride till I turn off on a side-road which takes me to another highway on the side of which lies my hospital. This side-road is formed by convergence of two slopes and is about 1.2 km in length.



This side-road goes across a thickly populated residential area of the town. New houses come up everyday on its sides. As part of this, people just dig up the road to lay the pipes for water supply. This makes the road full of full length gutters, pits, pot-holes etc. A ride on it on my battered scooter is enough to give an average middle aged Indian to develop Intervertebral Disc Prolapse.



The corporation and the government is generous enough to repair the road every year as part of some silly election campaign or something of that sort. This year, there have been two such repairs. Probably because the number of potholes seemed to be a lot more than last years. The last one was only a week back.



You can't imagine how good it felt when I went to the hospital about a week back without worrying too much about potholes. I was hoping that it would remain so for at least one or two months.



Now - in the last 5 days, 4 full-length gutters have been created thanks to the wonderful set of civilians! Can it be more disgusting?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...