The story of self destruction

This has got to be really sad. My friend J., who is only 25, had an episode of epistaxis (bleeding from the nose) last week. He lost about 100 ml of blood in the first episode which subsided with nasal packing. He had another episode in the night which was less severed. He got his blood pressure checked. It was 120 over 180 mm of Hg. His blood test have returned to be normal and he doesn't give a history of any trauma/picking to the nose.



What his means that it is a Hypertensive epistaxis. He is a chronic smoker for about 10 years and smokes 1 to 2 packs per day.



All these years, I've been trying to get him off this dirty habit. Many a times, I've felt like a loser because of my unsuccesful efforts.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...