Onam in Mumbai

For all those who are not aware, today was "Thiruonam". Back in the place where I come from, which is so obvious to anyone who has been reading my blog quite regularly, Onam is the festival of the year. Thiruonam is the most special day of the festival.

.

First of all, let me just tell you that I was totally unaware of the fact that Onam was around until the week turned around the Sunday when I was offered an 'Onasadya' (meaning full 9 course meal) by the restarant which serves me dinner daily. I decided to go for it.



It was today. It came in one of the plastic bags which are officially banned. It had everything except rice in smaller banned plastic bags. I couldn't eat it on time. I ate it about 4 hours late. Therefore, the food was kinda stale. Still, I enjoyed it. I shared it with a senior from Rajasthan. He said he liked it. Although I didn't fall for the comment, I think it was okay.



But the actually gross thing about the whole deal is that I ate the sadya out of plastic bags. That is a contadiction! That too, a big one! You are supposed to be served in a very special sequence and have to eat out of the plantain leaf to eat the Onasadya.



Sorry to those who lost interest in the post due to the lack of awarenes. Here are a few links to go to get the taste of Onam and it's sadya.



No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...