I suck!

About a week back, when I and JD went out to St. Xavier's college for a seminar representing our band ie. people who have migrated from regular careers to alternate careers, someone in the crowd asked us to sing a song or two. Since JD had a sore throat, he declined the invite. But without missing a beat, he asked me to sing. As a self-deprecatory confession I had said and I quote 'You really wouldn't want to hear me sing. I sing like a croaking frog!'. A couple of people in the crowd thought that it was funny and chuckled.

Today at the studios, believe it or not, I actually sang like a croaking frog. It was the first time ever in studios on a professional condenser mic and stuff. I 'oohs' and 'aahs' like a big fat black singer in almost all the songs on the record. I tried singing for a four songs or so. In the supposedly easiest song of the lot, I fucked up like a moronic nincompoop. I was supposed to sing a couple of notes in falsetto and believe me, I sang almost all the notes of a fucken chromatic scale!

The sadder part is that I didn't realize it when I sang and my band mates, in an effort to 'protect my ego', didn't tell me that I sucked. I was disappointed to hear my recording. When I asked why I wasn't told about this while I was singing my heart out someone had to say 'Look, you very really bad. We thought you couldn't improve. It would have taken many, many more hours and we can't afford that!'

Fair! Why can't people say that I had fucked up so that I could try and improve in the first place?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...