The crush

I had promised to write about that crush that had me done at the multiplex last friday. I had almost forgotten about it until I came across my own blog entry. Oh yes, I read MY OWN BLOG while commuting! I know it is narcissistic. But I kinda amuse myself by reading it. What's so wrong about it?

Scene shifts to the lounge of Sterling multiplex on a balmy Friday afternoon. I am hanging out there thinking as to how I can eat something without draining my wallet entirely. My poaching eyes roam almost robotically in such situations trying to find someone to prey on and this time I got real lucky. Well, almost. I see this 62 year old Mr. Lodge (from Archie's comics) replica without the spectacles. He was very very fair. So fair that his hands (the best attribute he had) reminded me of Vinokur's hands. He was trim without even the slightest sign of paunch. He was wearing a nice looking shirt and trouser pair which fitted him perfectly. It was not very fashionable stuff but perfect.

Let's dissect the face now. Classic handsomeness. A good head of grey hair combed backwards. Green eyes, trimmed moustache and a perfect set of teeth rounded up the appearance. Almost straight out of my fantasy gay fairy tale.

But the most defining aspect of him was his demeanor. He was charming in all the senses of the word. He talked with the cafeteria waiters with an encouraging tone, nodded and smiled when he received the order. Witth grace, he walked up to his wife and offered her a cup of hot chocolate. His wife was talking on the phone then. Soon, as the national anthem started inside the hall, as we got ready to get in, he gently urged his wife to hangup so that they could go in.

I was standing right behind this hot, hot Dad on the entrance to the hall. We all stood there until the national anthem finished. I saw him opening the door and graciously gesturing his wife in. I saw him greeting the ushers and talking to them about the fact that he and his wife needed a seat where his wife could stretch legs (she seemed to have a hip problem). He seemed to take everyone over with his charm. As I sat in my seat at the back, I saw the ushers smiling and chatting with him. I was very jealous of his wife then.

The Dark Knight stole most of my attention away in the first half of the movie. I had almost forgotten this guy when the intermission was announced. Suddenly I sensed an opportunity to meet up and talk with this guy. Who knows he might be interested in me. I watched his moves. Soon, I saw him take up the plastic cup of hot chocolate with him on his way out. That impressed me again. He didn't like to litter! I thought I could meet him in the lobby again and maybe strike up a conversation. I bolted down the aisle to grab the opportunity.

I was totally stumped when I met him at the door instead. He was coming in and I was going out. He had opened the door and we locked to each others eyes. Strangely he said 'Thank you!' and smiled. I melted again! What a smile! I actually couldn't manage to say anything because of the situation. I felt like a fool as I went outside and watched him get back in. I lingered around for a few seconds and entered the hall again. I looked into his eyes as I went past. He returned the stare with another one of the 1000 watt smiles.

By this time, his wife was getting curious. I heard/saw him gesturing about why he was smiling to me and stuff. Whoa, the whole package seemed so attractive to me that I wasn't able to concentrate on the rest of the movie. I was thinking of how to meet the couple again and say things like 'You know, I was the one who should have thanked you because you had opened the door for me. Thank you! What's your phone number?' I badly wanted to meet the couple after the movie and at least say something like 'I know it's weird, but I couldn't help but comment on the fact that you look like a beautiful couple! Especially, you sir!'

But that moment never arrived. I wasn't close enough to them or alone with them to allow for such comments. As I saw the couple ride back home in their scooter, I felt like I had missed out on a great experience!

Now the coolest part of all this is that, just like how I had chased my last Dad, Vinokur was the first person to know all that. I love the way we can be open about our crushes and stuff!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...