The Rolling Stone interview

I have always been a fan of glossy magazines. Especially when they seem to portray the life and livings of rock stars and musicians like fairy tales. What could beat Rolling Stone to that? And thereby, I confess that I have always dreamed of appearing on the Rolling Stone. But I hadn’t given it a realistic dream. It was just out there somewhere stashed away amongst my dreams of flying on a spacecraft to find alien-kind etc.

A few days before, when we were lounging in the Rob’s apartment with cups of tea and Tiger biscuits, Joy got a phone call from a reporter in the Rolling Stone magazine. Apparently they wanted to do an article on us. Wow, we said in unison!

The interview happened a copule of days back on a dark cloudy evening over nothing (I really mean nothing. We couldn't afford anything)in a fly-infested outdoor café at Dadar. I was wearing one of the corny combinations of shirts and trousers that Sahaab had left me with after deciding to give his spare clothes to me instead of the maid that came to clean our hostel room. The interviewer was rather point-to-point, pushy and had a very small accommodating reflex for corny, cheesy sense of humor.

She asked us about the regular stuff; our inspirations, our roots, our music and why our music sounds like this etc? We found it difficult to answer as to why we claim to be alternative rock but we sound more like folk. I guess our versions of songs on the My Space page and the band blog don’t really sample our entire span of music. Can’t blame her for being left in the void regarding this alternative vs. folk question!

Anyway, this interview is going to appear on the August edition of the Rolling Stone magazine! Please, buy a copy and send it to me. Honestly, I can’t afford to buy one!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...