Bankruptcy post

Today, after I paid my internet bill for the month, I looked inside my wallet and found five 10 rupee notes. I had to shop for some groceries and I walked into the Reliance Fresh outlet nearby. I was very, very choosy. I wanted something interesting to eat. But I was sure that it's not affordable. I bought stuff worth rupees 200 (exactly) (couple of cartons of milks, dosa batter etc, a spray to kill houseflies etc). I paid it off my debit card.

I was walking out of the store when I received a beep on my mobile phone. I looked it up and it was from my bank. And it was scary. I just had a few hundred rupees more to spend after deducting the rent payment coming up mid-month. What am I going to do?

I have to pay my mobile phone bill and credit card bill before the middle of the month. And if the money from my record label doesn't materialize, I'm going to be in deep shit.

Again, this sad epiphany sort of drowns the superlative rehearsal session that we had in the morning. It also takes the cheer out of our upcoming interview with the Rolling Stone magazine. It even takes the cheer out of the fact that tomorrow is the first anniversary of my relationship with Vinokur.

As a last ditch attempt, I'm posting a picture that brought joy to my life late in the evening India time. I love him!

2 comments:

flygye12 said...

Heh Heh Heh! welcome to the world of Hand to mouth. Its an art actually. My partner n i are experts in this, it happens all the time ;-)

Kris Bass said...

I hope I and Vinokur become experts in this 'art' as well.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...