The rift

A couple of years or so, this title would have suggested the obvious- a young gay male trying to separate himself from his family. But now, I’m talking about something else, which very well might be the starting point of something serious. It’s about me and my band ‘Noise Market’. Yeah, over the past weeks, things have certainly started to look as if my ideas are not fitting into the band's ideology. Slowly but surely, my ideas are becoming the pain in the calves of the band which is galloping towards fame.

In my various sessions with Vinokur, the only advice that he has to offer is that if your ideas and suggestions don’t seem to have any productive cause, don’t vocalize them. That seems utopian. I mean, I would have loved to have such self-control and an hurt-proof mind to indulge in that. But hey, I’m passionate about music. I’m very particular about what happens to songs and stuff.

I don’t want to sit quiet and let the rest of the band take the music away to such a place where I’ll resent being a part of the band. At the same time, I also don’t want to be feeling that I haven’t contributed something well within my capacities to make them sound even better. How do I strike the balance?

I guess such creativity issues are part of all healthy bands and would help to make something better than otherwise.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...