Holi-day

Despite the fact that I have never been in North India during holy time, I didn't have any mood to be involved in the actual festivities. I had something else in mind. A night with Xander and followed up by another day of shopping/something



Yesterday night, I wanted to finish things off fast so that I and Xander could go to a restaurant in Andheri where delicious pork (once Xander's favorite, now mine as well) is served. But things didn't turn out well delaying my exit from the wards.



I carefully avoided the gang of fellow residents who were setting fire to things in the bonfire they had made for the occassion. I managed to escape with a bag without attracting attention to anyone. On the way back, I got some 'beef fry' from the Mallu restaurant that I'm frequenting these days.



When I reached Xander's place, it was around 11 pm. I knocked and I knew he had guests. His colleague and friend Perry was also there. Perry is the guy who like guitars and stuff and is considered to be a might-be member of our future band. They were drinking beer out of great looking mugs. The music was on and loud and the TV was showing a movie on a local station.



Xander seemed to be a good mood and took up his photo collection from a suitcase and was explaining his college life with the help of them. I got my bass plugged in and started with the riffs of Alien Ant Farm's cover of 'Smooth Criminal'. I joined them and had some beer in between.



When finally Xander took the guitar up, it was around 12 AM. The light was turned off and the room was just lit by the blue, serene haze of the light inside the aquarium. Then we played some amazing music, the most memorable being 'Nutshell' from Alice In Chains' unplugged. WOW!



Both of them got drunk and slept without having dinner. I had my weird tasting Mutton Biriyani watching an episode of 'Friends'. Then, I too dozed off.



We got up late. We ordered for breakfast at McDonald's. After jamming for an hour or so Xander lost interest. I took a bath and invited Xander and Perry for hanging out at the mall. Both were uninterested. I took a few text books from the cartons and left the apartment with my Discman.



Another day had just passed when I met Xander without seriously discussing the 'issues'. In between, in his drunken state, he had said something about the band dream 'not happening'. But then, how can I take that as a sane thought?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...