The Rainbow Song - electric mix

As you all know, I've been getting a lot of blogging awards lately. The one's very relevant and comforting is the 'Certified Honest Award'. Both Reema and Nita gave me this award in the last few days. I have always thought that I was honest. But I think I'm creating new honesty records on this blog by posting the recorded version of 'The Rainbow song'.

I'm posting this song despite severe (I mean it!) problems in the vocal takes. It's one very hard song for me to sing. That, along with my rather amateurish singing skills could amount upto danger. So, I'm warning you all. It's probably going to sound weird.

Having said that, I love the rest of the stuff that I did for the song with the kind of amenities that I have. And I also have a belief that the tune and the song structure are catchy for you guys to enjoy. It has a lot of electric overdriven guitar and loud drums. So, beware! This, unlike my other songs, is not a tone-down acoustic version. The lyrics are given below. Hoping to hear a lot of comments!

Just a quick reminder to those who might be visiting from the GB mailing list - this is a song that I originally wrote thinking about LGBT rights. I hope you guys enjoy it.
The Rainbow Song

It was a dream to walk like this
To feel so sure, to shy no more
It was a dream to talk like this
To be so pure, to cry no more

It was a dream to love like this
To feel it more than ever before
It was a dream to fight like this
Let's dream no more, Let's fly some more

Allow me be, just another being
I'm just a shade in the rainbow
Allow me be, what I truly am
A brilliant shade in the rainbow

It was a dream to be free, in justice
To fake no more, to fear no more
It was a dream to claim what's ours
To be just like every one else

It was a dream to be so loved
To be a friend, be to everyone
It was a dream to feel like this
Let's dream no more, Let's fly some more

Allow me be, just another being
I'm just a shade in the rainbow
Allow me be, what I truly am
A brilliant shade in the rainbow

UPDATE! at 7.15 pm Saturday, 20th September!

Due to many reasons as stated here, I have done a little tweaking. Hope it's better to listen now.

[Changes - I have some modifications in the song and in the mix. Acoustic guitar has been processed differently. I have added a few backing vocal parts as well.]

RAINBOW SONG



















For those not interested in electric/heavier versions, I might record an acoustic version soon. I'll publish it when I do!

24 comments:

Just Hooking Up said...

I liked it. A lot. Has a little CSNY/Alan Parsons feel to it. Good going!

Kris Bass said...

JustHookingUp: Wow, that's a good compliment! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Kris!!! Please get someone else to sing the song!! :) Would like to hear the acoustic version very much. Like the feel though...
And if you so want to get tagged for Aparna Gonibeed's tag...I will tag you. I wrote anyone who wanted to take it up can :)

Kris Bass said...

@ MyHeadTrip: I'll try to get Rob to sing it. Otherwise, you'll have to hope that I sing better with just acoustic guitar. ;)

Yeah, I want to be tagged!

Anonymous said...

Kriss, not only me, but my whole family including my husband and two daughters enjoyed this song! They loved it!!! Please please don't tone it down!!! You are brilliant man!
And where does your band play? I want to come and hear the band.

Anonymous said...

Nice!

A Well Wisher in NYC

Kris Bass said...

@ Nita: That's amazing! You entire family loved it! I will still retain the electric version.

Thank you!

My bands play all over Mumbai and sometime outside it. Noise Market (hindi rock band) might be playing at Khalsa college next weekend! Shoonyas plays at various locations like Hard Rock Cafe and (Not Just) Jazz by the Bay etc.

(But, they play other music. This music is just something that I did myself.)

@ AWWiNYC: Thank you! I hope I don't shriek (as Celine Dion)! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the song in this version. Just curious about the acoustic one...and yes, a better singer please or take lessons! quick!! :)

Kris Bass said...

MyHeadTrip: I'll try to rope in Rob until I can sing better. But again, I'll try to take some lessons and improve! :)

Anonymous said...

First off all it was really good.
don't read more if you can't take good notes..
listen you can sing, just don't sing in an indian key
with the western chords, don't drag the words out so much, "it was a dream" don't make the "dream" two words don't do "dream -em" and change the key in mid word.
a few little things like that will make it even better but the guitar was really spot on. With the vocals, just hold one note. it's going to be so much better.
you are super talanted. -dh

-dh

Kris Bass said...

@ Duncan: Hmm... that's interesting. But it's not going to be that interesting to listen to without that break up of the syllable. Anyway, I'll keep it in mind. Just finished recording an acoustic guitar driven version three steps down. Am singing much better - able to hold notes much better! ;)

Thanks!

Hidden Me said...

Hey... really nice... kuddos!!!

Kris Bass said...

@ Hidden Me: Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Like the song!
If the singing was a bit more rehearsed or maybe more studio polished, it would sound much better... some studio modulation maybe?
Donno if this particular track would sound good on acoustic, though... I really liked it as it was! Very fitting!

Kris Bass said...

@ UnsungPsalm: Totally agree! And thank you! It will sound good on the acoustic. It already does! ;)

(By the way, I have an idea to make the vocals sound better. Will work out tomorrow! You never know, you might see myself singing better if I use that technique ;))

Anonymous said...

I love the lyrics, and your blog. Rolling you :)

Kris Bass said...

@ The Shooting star: Thank you! Did you like the song?

**** UPDATE *****

I've just updated a hopefully 'better' version of the Rainbow Song!

Reema said...

Dude link my name to my blog!! I want publicity. :)
Superb song. enjoyed it!!

Kris Bass said...

@ Reema: Thanks!

(I think your name is already on your blog.)

Unknown said...

Awesome song!...I liked it so much that I played it over few times and tried to sing along - LOL!

Unknown said...

Awesome song!...I liked it so much that I played it over few times and tried to sing along - LOL!

Unknown said...

Awesome song!...I liked it so much that I played it over few times and tried to sing along - LOL!

Unknown said...

Awesome song!...I liked it so much that I played it over few times and tried to sing along - LOL!

Kris Bass said...

@ B: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...