Rainbow Song - updated

Shit happens in real life. It happens a lot in my life. I played the Rainbow Song kinda loud yesterday night for my bandmate and friend E-boi & S. He, I must tell you, is a kinda harsh guy. He insults other people to make himself feel good. He's always been a person who despite respecting me as a friend/musician, has put me down in more ways than one rather regularly. He had stopped by my apartment on his way back from the office to listen to my song. Usually, such things go really bad. He would say nothing positive. Not even pretend for heaven's sake. I tried to dissuade him. But he insisted and I made him listen to it. Voila! He actually liked this song! He was sort dancing/rocking to the song from the time it started.

Normally such things, make people feel satisfied. But, I being weird, thought boy if this song is that good it could get even better. Feeling all bloated in the head, I stepped out to catch some fresh air and I left the song on repeat mode and left. Outside, I saw a lot weird stuff. People laying unconscious on the road, dogs running amok, rats convulsing etc. Because I'm weird, I decided to ignore and go to the shopping mall to get some groceries. On my way back, I saw the entire scene again. Feeling rather eerie, I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator.

I realized that more weird stuff were happening as I got closer and closer to the apartment. I could hear my wailing (on the song) as I opened my apartment's door. Then, it struck me! Gosh, my song was the reason for the catastrophe. Apparently, the brazen wailing had sent shock waves through all living kind. I was scared and went and immediately paused Winamp on which the song was playing. Then, I went to the window to confirm that my hypothesis indeed was correct. Almost miraculously, all the people/dogs/some of the rats were getting back to normalcy - coming around - panting to catch breath, post-convulsive coma respectively.

Eureka! I realized that I was a mutant. Or rather, I am a mutant. I had the amazing power of knocking people over while singing. Then, I looked up Wikipedia and found that I was a distant cousin of Ruckus (who has the ability to absorb the sound waves around him and send them back with concussive force by screaming) and that's how I had got my mutancy! I hope to go to Muir Island to get myself treated/trained to control my powers. But then I don't have money. Besides, I don't like the UK anyway.

This event, S./Eboi's visit and a few messages from you guys - especially MyHeadTrip and Unsungpsalm made me realize that I needed to do the vocals again. With some brainstorming and some internet tutorials on voice recording, I set to redo the entire vocal track. Of course, I couldn't have been all that better in a day. But still, I did do better. With a help of a voice recording software, I was able to smoothen as much a possible. The side effect - I sound a bit like Cher! But hell what, it's better than knocking people out.

Hear it! And send in comments!

[Changes - I have some modifications in the song and in the mix. Acoustic guitar has been processed differently. I have added a few backing vocal parts as well.]

RAINBOW SONG



















(For those who believed in my story, I was just kiddi... hell, who am I kidding!)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!
NOW I really truly loved the track! And it's brilliant as it is! No acoustics, please... the electric guitar gives it the feel! And that comes from someone who mostly despises electric guitars and wants an acoustic version of everything...

The vocals went up a thousand notches... almost perfect!

Doesn't sound nice that you made an explicit mention of my lukewarm feedback, but if this is what comes off it, I'm not complaining :)

Kris Bass said...

@ Unsungpsalm: You are so much like me. I require an acoustic version of everything.

And thank you!

I am totall sorry that you took the comment in the wrong way. You and MyHeadTrip were those who pointed out what could be set right and I just did that.

I wanted to thank you guys! ;)

Stray said...

Kris,

This is so much better! Great job! :)

I think you've got a great number here. Why don't you try jamming with your band(s) and see what comes up?

May the Force show you the way.

Kris Bass said...

@ Stray: Thank you! :)

Well, my bands don't play such songs! I'll have to form a new band to do these!

Anonymous said...

*Kris
Oh, please do then! That one band will really be worth your time :)

Reema said...

LOL :D Dont worry u r not that bad!

Kris Bass said...

@ Reema: Oh, it's not that I'm bad. It's just that I have mutant powers. ;)

savante said...

Nice track!

And hey, Muir Isle! Mutants! Finally another gay man into comics!

Kris Bass said...

@ Savante: Thanks dude! You are a hot one judging by your picture on the blog! And guess what you are a doc and an Xman fan!

;)

Anonymous said...

hi liked the song,
also i hv been reading our blog regularly.
wish there are more people like you.
keep up the good work
take care & all the best..

Kris Bass said...

@ Sandeep: Are you Sandy from the GB? No, you don't look like (from the sms lingo that you use)!

Thank you! And Thank you again!

Prash said...

I like it very much.

Kris Bass said...

@ Prash: :)

manisha sharma said...

hey , nice blog , like it ,
won’t be nice if i u can clickover to my blog page too ,
& post some suggestion

Kris Bass said...

@Monisha: thanks for the comment. :)

I'll try and comment on your blog!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...