Frustrating times

I think I'm starting to be rather greedy of this inspiration drive. I tried to record 'Rainbow Song' today. All's gone well except for the fact that I sang horribly. That's a new low considering that I always kinda suck at singing. To realize that I'm this bad even after a lot of years of efforts is rather scary.

All that's really fine if the other good things in life were a little kinder. I wish I could go out and hang out with some friends or watch a movie or something. But then, you have to have some money I suppose that you can use here, which is what I lack. And just when you think that you can have one of those romantic conversations with Vinokur - the internet connection fucks up.

I have taken a shower. I feel much better. I wish I had a studio to record my ideas for the Rainbow Song. Aha, how cool will it sound with actual drums! But that will have to wait until the next life time. Talking about frustration, I stumbled on an old lyric of mine written about some friend of mine. This was when I was totally frustrated! It's called 'A World Full of Lies' and I already have a totally grunge tune for it.
A world full of lies

I could look at your face and
Tell how long I have hated you
And leave you feeling dazed
But that would be too easy on you

I could wipe the dust of the pane and
Show you what lies inside
But is there a point in all of this
If you are blind to what you have done

But I can't do anything
To wash out the dirt that's inside
And I can't do anything
I am burning, burning from inside

I could list all of the lies you said
And still be short of breath
But why are we wasting time
On something that was so easy for you

I could have seen through the veil
That you were wearing all through out
But is there a point in all of this
If I can't wipe this scar away

As I can't do anything
To wash out the dirt that's inside
And I can't do anything
I'm still burning, burning from inside

Buring inside, Burning inside
(PS: Freezing Flames is #7 on one of the charts at SoundClick. That's out of about 10,000 songs!)

16 comments:

the free spirit said...

You are a talented lyricist thats for sure. I can feel such depth and emotions in your words :)
keep it up

Kris Bass said...

Thank you! LOL!

the free spirit said...

:D bit too much???

Kris Bass said...

@ The free spirit: Yeah, I guess. Just cuz of you, I starte working on the Rainbow Song again. Darn, I wish I could sing better. ;)

the free spirit said...

its not as bad as u think...stop fishing for compliments :P
On the toss side, wen this song becomes famous plz mention a random blogger inspiring u to work harder at this song lol!!

Anonymous said...

your voice is like butter- duncan

Anonymous said...

your voice is like butter- duncan

Anonymous said...

have you ever called anyone baboon ass? -dh
http://whatwouldjudyblumedo.blogspot.com/

Prash said...

In the beginning when I started to read your blog, your lyrics didn't mean anything to me.

Now that I know you a little, these words have loads of meaning to me !

Come to Hong Kong...it is burning outside too :-) LOL DAMN HOT and HUMID...well, wait you are living in Bombay...it is worse there because you pollution (including noise!)...

Anonymous said...

your lyrics are very touchy man... keep writing..

and congrats for such hit song... :P

Kris Bass said...

@ The Free Spirit: Well, you know... it was written way back in 2004 when I was much younger! ;) And I think it's just a regular 'I hate the world' kinda lyric. Hence, my comment.

@ Duncan Hines: Yeah, I get it. It never stays in a 'shape'.

@ Duncan Hines: I and Vinokur (I swear) call each other that when we feel like it.

@ Prash: Hahah! Wait a sec, including noise - a good dig at me huh?

@ Blogging Knight: Thank you! Well it won't last long.

Anonymous said...

Love it!
But I would so much like to know the inspiration behind the tracks...

Kris Bass said...

@ unsungpsalm: It was written in after a friendship turned sour. In my life, this could either be S./E-boi in 2001 or Xander in 2007.

The Seeker said...

Hey bloghopping and landed here!! well You're a great lyricist! Very touching buddy!!!

Vinz said...

kriss,

those lyrics were yours..you are a poet too..great lines man.>!!

cheers..

:)

Kris Bass said...

@ The seeker: Thank you! Hope to see you around more often.

@ Vinz aka vinu: Yeah, those were mine. Thank you!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...