Chuck's wedding reception

Today was Chuck’s marriage reception. He wanted me to come to his place early. But I couldn’t reach there sufficiently early because I had to attend another of my friend’s engagement in the morning. Even during that function, I generally felt hurt at small comments made by my friends. Must be due to my depression.



Anyway, I had managed to burn all the photos of Chuck’s wedding on to a CD before I went. That proved to be very useful as it was played as a slideshow on his TV set while about 50 guest were being entertained to a luncheon feast in the morning.



After that, I got ready in a hurry and reached the reception hall much earlier than anyone else. I managed to take snaps of the hall after all the decorations and stuff were complete. I also made sure that the instrumental CDs were playing well.



As soon as the reception began, I began to tirelessly take snaps of almost everyone greeting the bride and groom. I was overcompensating again. In the process, I got a lot of scathing comments from my friends. I tried to act cool and happy. But was not at all happy; the Nikon was giving bad snaps. All shaky and blurred. I was so disappointed with it, I feared that Chuck would ridicule me again.



I made sure that I was not in any snap other than a couple (out of about 1000 snaps taken during the evening). This is the way I try to keep a low profile. A very complex defense mechanism I guess. Chuck picked this up easily. It must have been that obvious; I didn’t feature in the snap of my parents with Chuck and his wife.



Later on in the evening he asked me if I was in any photo. I said I wasn’t in anyone except one. But I said that it was okay. He asked me why I didn’t turn up for the photo with my parents. I said ‘I didn’t want to do it. On purpose.’ That was true to an extent.



Chuck finally made me stand with his wife. Someone took a snap. I looked like shit. Dark, terrible and ugly. I guess I can attribute this to my hair which was unkempt. I guess I need to change my gel again. This one which I’m using is giving a desert dry look, exactly opposite of what it promises to achieve – ‘wet look’.



I was feeling tired and hungry. Yet, I didn’t feel like eating too much. I finally reached home

The only plus point in the evening was another encounter with the hot Dr. S who continued to exhibit the kind of power-authoritative-charm that attracts me so much. Even in the night, I got a chance to experience that at his home when I dropped his son, my batcmate and friend, home.



The ending of the day might be termed as happy I guess as I came home to realize that my uncle and aunt were home for a visit. This uncle is one of the hottest in my family.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...