Entry submitted

I have finally submitted the entries for Toto Funds the Arts competition. I went over to the Only Much Louder record label's office and submitted it. This means that I am going to stop making edits and fine tunings to the recordings. I'm kinda relieved that it is over with.

I'll post the first of the three songs that you guys haven't heard yet. This one's 'A World Full of Lies'. I'll post the other two in the coming days.
















A World Full of Lies

I could look at your face and
Tell how long I have hated you
And leave you feeling dazed
But that would be too easy on you

I could wipe the dust of the pane and
Show you what lies inside
But is there a point in all of this
If you are blind to what you have done

But I can't do anything
To wash out the dirt that's inside
And I can't do anything
I am burning, burning from inside

I could list all of the lies you said
And still be short of breath
But why are we wasting time
On something that was so easy for you

I could have seen through the veil
That you were wearing all through out
But is there a point in all of this
If I can't wipe this scar away

As I can't do anything
To wash out the dirt that's inside
And I can't do anything
I'm still burning, burning from inside

Buring inside, Burning inside
(PS: I'm feeling a little better and haven't consulted my shrink yet.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I would like to bite my tongue and give in to excuses of "but hes depressed and so must be excused all bad judgement", I think its time for plain speaking.

Okay now you are done with the song/s or whatever project you had in mind. Is that right? Any more procrastinations or excuses? Any more pushing the realities of your life away?

Next step... get professional help for depression and HIT THE BOOKS. Help yourself. Truly futzing around with music at this particular moment in time is giving diminishing returns. As much as I would love to encourage you in your endevours as an artiste, the fact remains that right now you need to figure out the alternative. Monetory or creative plaudits in music is not exactly happening right here and now. It could explode wonderfully for you next week, or next month or next year or whenever. But you dont know that. Right now, nothings happening. Deal with what you have been given in terms of atleast passing that exam.

None of this makes you a bad person, it just makes you a person who is depressed (perhaps) and is procrastinating any reaction to reality.

I shall say no more.

I am sure you will use good judgement eventually.

A Well Wisher in NYC

Rita said...

You have a good voice & your accent is cute. The song is great when you really get into it. That's my first impression.

If I had a ton of money,(I don't) you would be worth investing in.

Don't give up your dream.

Kris Bass said...

@ AWWiNYC: Honey, I'm not getting on with studies. It's just that I'm not happy with myself. I used to put in a lot of effort and concentrate for a long period of time. I am not happy with myself because I know that I can do it.

As we speak, I'm taking a break from a session. I'm happy that I woke up at 6 AM and started studying!

@ Handmaiden: Thanks! I wish I had someoneone who had the proverbial 'ton' of the money!

Anonymous said...

I wish i did too. :)

I just have me without any money. That's a scary thought.

Anonymous said...

Your well wisher in NYC said it. Study and get help with your depression if you think you must. You got to clear your exams. I keep telling you to take care of yourself...do that - eat properly, get anti-depressants (if need be, you and your shrink are the best judges to that) and study!!!
I told ya, I will bug you to do all this...and here I am doing it!

Kris Bass said...

@ Handmaiden: I hope you become rich faster!

@ MyHeadTrip: I'm trying my best! Hang on with me!

Jo said...

Wow Kris! I just hoped into your blog and just got floored with the talent you have. Amazing! Do keep posting more of your own songs.

PS: Have you heard about Blogswara? (www.blogswara.in, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blogswara)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...