In the past few days

  • I have been keeping my mobile phone switched off for long periods so that there will be fewer distractions to me while I'm studying. That really is helpful as I won't get any disturbing calls from anyone and I don't have to explain to whomever I would have had to talk to why I'm not doing better.
  • That, in turn, led me to feeling even better. Hermit-hood works for depression. Technically, it shouldn't. But I suppose I don't trust anyone to be gentle with me and leave me feeling good/okay after a conversation. Vinokur is the only one really. Only one.
  • I've been cooking more stuff. I made more vegetable dishes using cabbage, beans, carrot, onions and tomato over the past 5 days or so. I usually have them with rice and curd. Along with that I have had great tuna sandwiches, oat meals, french toasts and various varieties of eggs. This also has meant that I have not been having instant noodles for about 6 days now.
  • Mentally, I'm in a much better state for the exams after starting to eat well. Feeling a lot better and rising in confidence. My study sessions somehow have become more pleasant and there seems to be a distinct purpose with which I'm covering my portions.
  • Whenever I feel rather weird (this happens especially in the afternoons and sometimes in late nights), I resort to watching some movies on the tube. I watched 'The Birds' and 'Psycho' and 'War of the Worlds' during such periods. They rate 4.5, 4.5 and 3.5 in my ratings.
  • There was an internet outtage in the last couple of days and that's the reason that I haven't been blogging.

7 comments:

Reema said...

Good to know that you are studying well. When will your exams start?

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

Just remember, too much work and no play made Johnny a straight boy!!!

Anonymous said...

All the very best for your exams...crack them!! I am really glad that you are eating well now :) I liked Birds and Psycho :D

Anonymous said...

*RAmby
You SHUSHHH!

Kris, I'm delightfully happy to hear that! You're eating right and studying well! Keep it up, we're proud :)

Anonymous said...

psycho is on of my favorite, all time.
i even watched psycho 2 and 3 because the original was so good, the Gus Van Sant movie is terrible, too much like a high school play and too much color.
Hitch was right making it B/W...
--the end was always a let down, even in the original,
to anti-climatic, once Anthony Perkins comes out in that dress and wig, it's over, i like getting sucked into it over and over again-D.H

Anonymous said...

seen the birds a 1000 times. melanie daniels and her green suit is so annyonig but by the end you want her to live and get Mitch. suzzane pleshette as the school teacher is great, i didn't know she was so hot, in the SLBhansali remake they will have a huge song and dance number at the school that get's the birds real pissed off. (choreographed by Suroj Khan ) __dh

Rita said...

Hey what are you doing reading these comments!

Get back to studying!

ha ha!

I'm glad to hear you are eating better.
Hermit-hood for depression. Hmmm, I never thought about it, but getting divorced sure has helped mine.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...