Super unplanned trip

Yesterday, I had signed off saying that my sister was visiting me this weekend. Today morning, she called me up to say that she'd already reached pretty close by (meaning 3 hours from); she actually was visiting me as part of her little tour for a training course in Water Works engineering.

The day began and dragged off as usual in the morning. The only difference for today from any other Wednesday being the fact that I got enough time for a bath and a sumptuous breakfast of almost home-made Dosas and Chutney from the relatively unknown tamil vendor just outside my hospital.

After the second round from our Associate Professor (AP), I lingered on in the office. There were a couple of X-rays of hip fracture which needed to be planned. I did that. The AP had asked yesterday if I would help him out in a surgery in a private hospital were he was practicing. I had agreed without thinking too much. The surgery which was scheduled at 2pm in the afternoon was postponed due to some freaky electrolyte (read Potassium) value in the blood test for the patient.

Talk about blessing in disguises!

My sister rang me up again at around 1.30 pm when I was lazily completing my ward work. Then it struck me... I could easily go and visit her. For that, I would have to go under cover though. On the pretext that I was still in campus. Yeah, I'm a daredevil, a stupid one... as my sister will point out later on in the evening.

I did just that.

I boarded a train at around 3 pm and reached my destination at around 6.30 pm. Then I took around an hour to reach the place where my sister was waiting for me. Then we went on meandering through a strangely deserted street to end up eating at a veggie restuarant which was also, voila, deserted! The food was pretty good, thankfully. But the mood was spoilt by the calls that I received and had to make to the hospital.

We caught up with each other, not with the same kind of earnest intrigue charecterstic of our relationship about 5 years back. But still we did. After our dinner I had to drop my sister back to a place which must have meant 'Middle of Nowhere' in Marathi. It was about 20 km off the city and it was really cold. But that's where my sister's guest house was located. On the way, inside a rackety rickshaw, I came to know that this blog, YES FELLOWS... IT'S TIME TO STAND AND APPLAUD, is read both by my sister and brother in law.

It was kinda strange initially. Because of the sheer explicit nature of the description about my life. More intriguing because I'm sure that my blog isn't searchable on Google with my real name. I guess my BiL must have gotten this off my computer from the history section.

Anyways, my sister wanted me to take the picture off of the page. And that's why she thought was my life's at risk. That settles a lot of the laughs that me and my gang had over the last month or so.

The journey was pretty fast. I made back to the hospital hostel from the 'Middle of Nowhere' in the same time as that for the train journey.

And now I'm blogging after I found that my roomie, who must have thought that I wouldn't come so early, was playing James Blunt lamenting 'Your'e Beautiful' loud and clear from FM routed through my speakers. He didn't exactly understand what he had to do after I came in. What he did was strange as well. After the song got over, he got up and went and waned down the volume and then switched it off.

Yeah great! Just after that song he would have to go back to the supermely concentrating state! Fuck u! I turned 'BOB' on at nice volume; not too loud though and start typing.

Facts of the day -


  • In around 3 hours and with 55 Rupees - you can travel around 190 km on a train.
  • In around 3 hours and with 350 Rupees - you can travel about 50 km from the city to 'Middle of Nowhere' and back.
  • In around 3 hours and with 280 Rupees - you can eat a nice two course dinner at a posh Veg restraunt.
  • In around 3 hours and with 300 Rupees - you can travel around 190 km on a Volvo bus.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...