Movies in the last few days

I've noticed that I've not been commenting about the movies that I watch. I think that it is bad. It is one area where I can blabber about a lot.



I saw three and a half movie in the last 4 days.



The first one was 'Indiana Jones : Raiders of the Lost Ark'. I wanted to watch it for three reasons 1)Sean Connery as Indiana Jones' father 2) I loved the Lost Crusader movie and therefore, I wanted to watch the other two 3) Sean Connery as Indiana Jones' father. The story was fine. But the action was a bit too much. Perhaps the best part of the movie was the first 10 minutes which showed Mr. Ford taking part in another adventure. Halfway through the movie, I realized that I had seen it before. To sum it up, it was just okay. And there was no Sean Connery in it.



Chuck recently bought a nice DVD player. I went to help him get it up and working. He rented Harry Potter and the socerer's stone. I watched with him the first hour of the movie. It was by far the best movie of the 3 and a half. I loved the charming English setting and the wonderful accent.



Then, I watched a local mallu movie. It had a strange story. It was about a young engineer who had a heart made of gold. He had a crush on his uncle's daughter who then got married to someone else. In his journey across India, he does a lot of touchy stuff. Finally, after he gets engaged with a writer, he commits suicide. Doesn't make sense uh? Well it needn't. Because it is strange in a dumb way. The only thing that was worth watching was the juxtaposition of flashbacks and present time stories one beside the other.



The fourt one was the worst. It is actually a disaster called "Veer-Zara". I am going to pin point a lot of facts which need to be addressed by someone.




  • The Lahore-Amritsar road needs to be having a 6 foot tall fence of some sort to prevent buses from tumbling across the edge of the cliff. This fact was highlighted twice in the movie.
  • Pakistan is beautiful. India too is beautiful. Pakistanis are warm, loving and caring. Indians too are warm, loving and caring. A few Pakistanis hate India. A few Indians hate Pakistan as well. A few Pakistanis love India. A few Indian love Pakistan as well.
  • Too many stupid songs spoil good movies even. Forget a hopeless one.
  • Preity Zinta has an enormous set of boobs. Especially when they get wet.
  • Boman Irani is hot hot in roles as an ageing silverfox.


I hope I will get to watch better movies on the big screen in the coming days.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...