:( --> :)

Too many expectations. Too little money. A multitude of options limited to a SINGLE guitar!



That sums up my experience at the Queen yesterday. Besides, I was irritated to the core by S. with whom I had gone.



We checked out three guitar shops. Only one had at branded guitars and that too, a single guitar each from Ibanez and Fender. Fender's Showmaster sucked. Ibanez's starting range guitar GRX-40 was okay. But just okay. It is relatively expensive for the quality. And it is made in China and not Japan (which is the benchmark).



My friend S. managed to irritate me a lot. Here's why




  • S. thought it would be 'fun' doing this - board a train at 11 pm with sleeper clas tickets (about 2 times that of a regular ticket) to reach the Queen at 3.30 AM. Hire an autorickshaw for 3 times the usual cost to reach the middle of the town. Enquire at four different hotels before ending up paying Rs. 350 for a dingy double room and sleep in there for 5 hours.


  • The alternative was - To sleep peacefully at home till 5 AM. Board a nice, fast train at 6 AM and reach the middle of the town by 9 AM. No troubles with sleep, autos, rooms. And we save 1 hour. Oh... and we save about Rs. 500 each!


  • He chews Sweet Pan and continuously spits on the roads while walking.


  • He watches WWE like he is a 4 year old kid.


  • He tries to appear knowledgeable in some topics he is or was never good at.





The great thing that happened was that I was able to meet and interact with members from the progressive rock band 'Evergreen'. I even got to see them practice.. in their own practice room! Oh, it was lovely! The drummer was simply awesome! So was the guitarist and the bassist!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...