Sweetness at Powai

I admit that I rarely sing laurels about my band mates. Not because they aren't bad, just because they aren't just my type. They are different in various ways and somehow or the other, I feel uncomfortable when I'm hanging out with them especially not while jamming.

I will at least have to change that stance today. My band mate from Noise Market Jodi and his fiance Sumo threw a little house party at their apartment at Powai. It was also supposed to be a meeting about the future of Noise Market. It was a very very nice gesture. There was nice juicy chocolate cake and home made chicken and paani puri along with some alcohol.

But one thing stood the way it was; the way I felt uncomfortable being with the gang having 'fun'. The jokes weren't all that cool. The things they were enjoying (like the movie "Deewaar"), I wasn't really enjoying. Half the time, I wanted to get back h ome and spend some time with Vinokur. I guess it's natural.

Here are some photos.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kris

A well wisher in NYC

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh Oh! It's your birthday!

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I guess you must consider it natural to be ungrateful and graceless. Hope the friends who took the pains to have a party for you know you enough not to read your blog.

Happy Birthday anyway.

Anonymous said...

My own thoughts concur with a slightly watered down and more diplomatic version of the comment above.

Kris Bass said...

@ AWWiNYC: Thank you!

@ Unsungpsalm: Well, thank you.

@ Anonymous: I guess I'm an asshole. And they do read my blog. I don't want to paint pictures for them which aren't real. I have fun with them while playing music. But, they aren't really my kinda people to hang out with.

Anonymous said...

i think you're supposed to eat the cake not use as
as pore reducer for your nose -dh

remember, Noxema on nose, cake in mouth.

Dolly Koshy said...

Hi Kriss, Was ur birthday on Nov 7th? Mine was too.... I was suffering from Jaundice and was on leave from work. I was feeling very low. Belated Happy Birthday ... :)

The Seeker said...

belated birthday wishes buddy!!!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...