A bright start

I had a very good morning and nothing could have made it sweeter than this article on the frontpage of Times of India - 'Gay Israelis get surrogate baby in city'.



I have already started dreaming about the same day in my life. It seems so distant now. Then again, every dream needs to be distant to be enjoyed when it comes true.

It's such a pleasant coincidence that the first thing that I saw today morning was the interview with my friend and fellow blogger on NDTV 24X7. He was giving his views about 'Dostana' and how it helped him come out to his sister. A few other friends of mine were in the background. One of them was supposed to be closeted and it was so poignant that he and his boyfriend were caught looking into each others eyes in the video.

(Picture courtesy TimesOfIndia.com)

8 comments:

Prash said...

Indeed, Israel (a traditional conservative historical country) is more open to homosexuality than any other countries in the world !

Oh, since couple of days, I come to your blog, there is a pop-up window trying to pop...are you aware of that ?

Kris Bass said...

Prash: I'm not aware of any such thing. Let me see if anyone else has a problem.

And by the way, don't you want to be a father?

Anonymous said...

I get no pop-up :S

And oh, to be a father. Maybe in 10 years. I couldn't wait any longer!

Prash said...

me a father...no...i've never had that kinda dream or never wanted to be...I'am told that I am very good with old people and children but there is no desire for to parent a child though. I really don't know why...I am very inhuman then !

Anonymous said...

Oh, not inhuman. Only common (in that respect).

Most men don't really care too much for children, I think.

Anonymous said...

Krish, I wrote something on this topic today and wonder if you could give your opinion on it? Only if you have time!

Firebolt said...

I'm perhaps too young to think of such things but I do. I'm quite passionate about parenting. I often find myself dreaming of my ideal future life -- with a girlfriend/wife, accepting families, a nice job, big house and maybe a pet. Then I go on dreaming to the "5 years later" part when we decide to have a baby and discuss on how to go about it. This the part where it gets cliched -- with us searching for a suitable potential passive sperm donor. We find what we're looking for and soon she's preggers! Then - zap - I'm giving her foot massages and taking care of her and everything else. 9 months gone, the baby arrives and I'm holding the angel in my arms, lying beside my love. We go on to become a pretty good parents and all is well in the world. I'm playing basketcall with my now 6 year old kid...

That's when the alarm goes off. Maybe I dream too much.
Only if I were a bit better at committment...

I really dream too much.

Kris Bass said...

Hey all, thanks for the replies!

I would love to have the time to reply to everyone individually. But just a week more to go before exams end. I'll be back with a bang!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...