David Cook

David Cook won this year's American Idol. Amazing really - his musical influences include Our Lady Peace, Alice in Chains, Big Wreck, Pearl Jam, Chris Cornell, Switchfoot, Bon Jovi and Collective Soul. Add to that he performed U2's classic 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'. Check these videos out. It's not just the singing. This guy's hot. And he performed the most incredible version of 'World I Know', a song that I love originally by the Collective Soul.

'Day Tripper' - White Snake version



'World I Know' by Collective Soul. He cries so poignantly.



'I Still Haven't Found (What I'm Looking for) by U2



'Billie Jean' Chris Cornell version



What do you guys think?

5 comments:

Prash said...

I don't watch any Idol show and I've got no comments !

samudrika said...

I like him too. but i liked his version of "first time ever i saw your face" the best. even better than the original imho.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NSV8_n03Ozo

makes me weak in the knees everytime!

Reema said...

Hope u know the Avant Garde Bloggies awards polling has started. U have made it to best musical post. Visit the site and Do vote for urself and me!
http://opinionsandexpressions.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/election-campaign/

Firebolt said...

I read somewhere that he's hooked up with Green Day producer Rob Cavallo. With all those influences you've listed, his talents and the Green Day producer, he's surely going to rock. Cheers! ^_^

Bryan said...

Guess who I voted for... Many many many times! Too many to count! He's quite yummy. :-)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...