From the ashes he rose...

For all those who have been writing in, thanks a lot. I've been going through a weird time lately. My final exams (which have been sort of a tragedy with me not being in my mental state to prepare) are going on right now. The theory part is over and practicals are happening in a week's time. I'm trying to put in some reading in the final few days to give myself a 'freak' chance of getting through.

But, the main thing that has been worrying me, that is Vinokur's health; I can't be happier to tell you that he's getting much better. He's back home and recovering and slowly getting back to normalcy. I've been feeling a lot more positive about life since the onset of this recovery. We are chatting daily on voice over Skype and it's been a real pleasure reclaiming what once was such an important aspect of our relationship.

Apart from that, my hindi band is taking a break before hitting the studios next month or so. If things go as planned, we'll be releasing the debut album late this year. The english band is also shaping up well after we played at the prestigious 'Not Just Jazz by the Bay' at Marine Drive earlier this month.

I've been reading a lot of books including works by Jhumpa Lahiri (Unaccustomed Earth, Namesake and The Interpreter of Maladies). Coincidentally, my sister and Vinokur have been enjoying her work lately. It's a nice unexpected triangulation. For those who haven't read her books; it's amazing how balanced she always seems in her prose. All of her works are supreme examples of the fallacies of relationships. Please read them when you can.

I've met May and Ray in the last week. Both are doing well in their lives. Ray and his latest 'Dad' have been going on well for the past few months. But Ray seems to want to not stick on to a person, like me. Instead, he's more like a migratory bird.

Once again, I apologize for the extremely irregular, delayed updates. Please bear with me, like you always have!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...