Reunion with Xander

Yes, I got up late. Anyone would get up late if they hit bed after 5 AM. But I gather myself quickly and go the ward and start work. By afternoon, I finish most of it. My earlier messages and calls to Xander weren't met with replies. I was almost decided on going out with Victor when Xander calls. He asks me if I can make it for lunch. Well, I'm surprised because I don't expect a friendly vibe from him after what had happened.



I call Victor who's so understanding and he is okay with me going to the apartment. Xander wanted me to get my own lunch as they (he and his 'friend' Jonty) had already ordered. I go to my Mallu hotel and have my lunch. I buy a parcel of beef and paratha for Xander.



When I reach Jon's apartment, I am not sure what to expect. It is so perceptible in my initial few jerky responses to the greetings etc. from both Xander and Jon. But in a few minutes the ice is thawed thanks again, to Xander's sense of humor. The spirit of a little dampened when Xander says that we won't head to our new apartment one block across until the mercury dips. I don't understand they way to put across my craving to play and learn something on my bass like 'Talk Shows on Mute' by the incubus.



After a bit of coaxing, we finally head to our new apartment. There, we first set up the equipment. Xander's guitars were not still there. We were going to jam with my Classical Guitar. After sometime, Xander says that he wants to learn 'Lighting Crashes' by the 'Live'. We learn that well. We even record the song. I sill find myself not on the bass. I grab the bass and we finally jam like how we used to. We have proof of our combination being good in the recordings that came after that.



In between, there are other things we talk about. The most important things is that Xander got a huge pay raise. I am so happy for him. Now the financial shithole seemed a little less deep. I also gave him a measure of my personal life with Victor. Again, like the first time, he is neutral. Not too surrpised. Not disinterested.



After a little time, both of Xander's erswthile 'friends-bastards' come into the picture. The recordings go uncomfortable after that. Mainly because I can't figure out what they are still doing in Xander's life after what had happened a year back. The final recordings are sttilll awesome. Therefore, it is great result of a meeting which I had expected to go bad.



Later in the night, my pending work forces me to cancel the date with Victor. Again, he's so understanding. I'm moved by his gestures like this. He's so considerate.



Then, I finish my work in the wards and head back to room. I have plenty of blog entries to make. Just like any other pre-emergency day, I act like a fool and end up waking till late night typing all this.



Ha ha. So addicted to this!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...