Travel in the bus

Two days of total horror pass and we are about to travel to the place where Chuck’s wedding is about to take place. And guess what, I have too many things to do on that very day.



I get up late. I engage in some older men photo viewing sessions. I almost forget about a press conference that I was supposed to attend – a ‘Meet the Press’ programme called by the local press club for interacting with the team which went for Tsunami relief.



After all the trouble I put to impress Chuck once again, this was pointless. Ever since the camera-loss event, Chuck seem to not trust me at all. That denies me chances to impress him. I want him to ask me to do something.



When he finally does that (he wanted me to collect the flowers for his wedding), I have this press conference on my schedule. I wanted to badly attend the conference when Chuck asked me this. But since then, the charm has sort of disappeared. Maybe because Chuck asked me to not mess up organizing the group of people who were also attending the wedding. He had entrusted me with that. The group included 8 friends/colleagues and my Mom and Dad.



The press conference is about two hours before the planned departure. Therefore, I think twice about attending the conference. Why? I don’t want to create a bad impression on Chuck.



I call my friend to tell him that I’m not coming to the conference. Instead of him, his friend answers my call. Before I start explaining, he starts to talk.



’Reach there in 30 minutes. Wait for us there. We are a little busy with something. There has to be someone at the club early. We’ll meet you there. Bye.’



I say ‘Okay.’



That was how easy it was. I had to shave, shower, dress in 30 minutes and reached the venue in the 41st minute since the conversation. There was no one there. I waited till about 20 more minutes until my friend came. It took further 30 minutes for the conference to start.



The conference was interesting. My first experience of this sort was revealing; as to how one should present points of view to journalists. I enjoyed it. Lots of debatable points. But not worth discussing here.



I rushed back home just in time to have lunch and hurry everyone to the pre-defined place by the local bus stop where the bus which will carry us till the place where Chuck’s wedding is to be held. I hope that the trip won’t be torturing.


No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...