Advances with my chief

I guess I’m gaining ground on my chief. Or else how could anyone explained why something like this?



Our team (or unit as we refer to here) was planning to go somewhere for a tour to enjoy a day. It was meant to be a bonding experience; something that should smoothen the working environment. You bet I was looking forward to it. I would get ample try out my ‘charm’ on my chief.



When the finally drew up the plan, which was on a day that I had taken off from work, my chief suggested that I should receive a special send-off part along with the tour. Apparently, I had impressed everyone so much, they thought I deserved it. See how charm works. But I did some hard work as well. Well whatever.



Thanks to my bewilderingly annoying coincidental life, the date would clash with my best-friend’s (Chuck’s) wedding. I was very late to realize this. I felt like I was spitting straight up lying on my back. The real problem was to break this news to my chief and explain that I wouldn’t be able to come for the tour/party.



I managed to do that today after grand rounds when our unit was having a snack-break. Like how Ray suggested, I was careful enough to grab a private moment with my chief. I started out rather apologetically.



‘Sir, I’ve to tell you something. I’m very sorry… sorry to inform you that I won’t be able to make it for the tour…’



Almost shrieking, my chief said ‘What are you talking about Kris? We had been planning that party just for you! And now you are pulling out at the last moment. That can’t be possible. You can’t do that!’



‘Sir, it is my friend’s wedding… in fact, my best-friend’s wedding. And I cannot possibly miss it. If it had been anything else…’



With a big frown, my chief continued ‘What best-friend? Aren’t we best-friends too? Marriages will come and go. But you have to come with us.’



‘Sir, I can’t. You should understand that as it is my best-friend’s wedding.’



‘Well, we can’t help it then. I’ll tell the others.’ Visibly disappointed, he walked away without looking at me.



This is what I make out: My chief is interested in me. Maybe not sexually, but he is still interested.


No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...