Back in the hospital

I’m very glad to inform you that I’m very happy about starting to work after more than 2 years out. I’m feeling great about it because everything was great about today. The team with which I will work in the future were warm and friendly. I got over my initial anxiety and nervousness in under an hour and was very comfortable doing those routine things. Talking with patients, discussing clinical problems, listening to little lectures, sharing a joke with a fellow doc; it was all so much fun. Yes, I’m back as a doc.



Why am I feeling so happy? Maybe it is because I have removed the possibility of another perfect stranger asking me what I’m doing nowadays and I having to reply to it with ‘… uh … duh … basically, nothing!’. Maybe it is because I have started on living my dream of becoming a successful Orthopedician. Maybe it is because, every day, I can go from my home where I’m considered an outlaw, to a place where someone would smile at me and give me some respect. Maybe it is because of the fact that I can get to see a lot of cute older men in all ages, sizes and shapes in the hospital. Don’t worry. I saw a couple of ‘woofables’ today (as patients) but was under total control of myself.



I guess, I should put this good mood to use and re-start song-writing!



But, things can never be so perfect for anyone. Not even me. On the downside, I’m having



  • a toothache because of one of the extracted teeth

  • a lot of silly arguments and fights with my parents in the past two days

  • getting used to my altered diet after my braces have come on



The funny thing about the problems with my parents is that, even though I realize what is going wrong, I don’t feel like doing too much about it. I can’t explain it why, but it is so.



Oh, there was this one thing that brought me a wonderful smile in the morning. There was a photo of one of the tiger-cubs in the zoo being bottle fed by the zoo vet; the guy who I was discussing about things the other day when I went to visit the zoo with Mr. Lion. First of all I felt happy. Then I started feeling jealous. I hope I can coaxe Mr. Lion to try getting me closer to tiger-cubs soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good start Kris, good to be back in business.
And I know exactly how irritating it can get when you are asked by every other person as to what you are upto these days, and this is very peculiar to our desi culture and more so with our state in particular. An average person back home is worried about the spark next door than about his own which is on fire!.
JK

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...