The argument - the break up

This might sound ridiculous and foolish for people who have been going through this blog regularly. But shade I came back with hopes to Mumbai to re-start my band life. The first two hours after the flight were excellent. E-boi was there to pick me up and the huge bag of food that I had brought for us, Shade the band.

Then the meltdown. It was the time for the renewal of the apartment contract. And I didn't have money. I was already in a big shit with 20 Grand for the guitar and a further 50 odd grand for the college fees to pay. I had already indicated, at least indirectly, that I was not going to pay.

But apparently, Xander didn't understand. Or rather, didn't want to understand. When the conversation was initiated, I never realized that I would be walking out of my apartment losing my band, a friend and a place to live in.

When Xander said that we have to pay up somehow, I said that I couldn't afford it. I suggested that the others (E-boi, Parry should chip in as well) and that Xander should pay more than half. All this money splitting was probably my way to say that I don't think I should be paying up half for the apartment where I never actually stayed. I never had the freedom. I had to even decelerate on my relationship with Victor because Xander had refused to let me use the apartment for sex.

But the argument which started went from bad to worse and despite E-boy mediating and finally I said that I'm getting out of the apartment and out of the contract. Xander was understandably upset and angry and he said that he wants to have my stuff out of the apartment by weekend.

Well, I said yes and that was the only way. Honestly, I thought that if that was his stand, then I had to lose the band, friendship and the apartment. I didn't have another option.

On the way back, I felt bad. The words from E-boi 'Kris, you just lost a friend and place to live' kept echoing and despite me reading a very interesting sequel to the amazing Rama series by Arthur C. Clarke ('Rama Revealed' - by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee', I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't sleep for that matter. I knew I was really affected by what had happened and I was not liking it...

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...