Musical Influences

The source of my music is probably right from home. My father is a professional mridangam player and is a scholar in Eastern (Carnatic) Classical Music. Here's the mridangam set that he practices on. I actually took some classes from him when I was about 11 or something. I thought I wasn't really enjoying that. Instead I took up the flute for some time. And after my pre-graduation, I started taking lessons on Classical and Spanish guitar. I bought my first bass guitar and started playing about 5 years back.

 


This is another master-piece of a relic. This is the drumset which I and e-boi had got custom-made from my Dad's mridangam guy. He made this for 6 K. We played our first gig - on the new Years' day of 2000 on this. Of course, I learnt how to keep the beat on the drums on this.



`
 


Not surprisingly, this is almost in shambles. I had thought of taking it to mumbai. But it won't stand the rigours of travel. Besides, e-boi is getting his own brand new drumset soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...