Happy Friendship day!

First of all, I never meant it to be this bland, a happy friendship day to all of you those who come and spend their precious time reading my blog and commenting on it. You have made my life richer by doing so and I'm very grateful for that.



Now, having that load off my chest, I can write on some grave issues. Grave issues from my personal POV (Point of View for those who don't follow such wicked acronym's). The last few days, I have not been finding enough time to blog! Whoa whoa, stop it right there? What am I saying? Yes, it is true. It is a fact. I'm not getting enough time to blog, to read and reply to e-mails etc. The reason for that is that I am starting work on Monday, August 2nd.



It has been over 2 years since I have been to a hospital. Lots of stuff I had to do to get everything just right as I start work. I had to get my wardrobe back up and running, especially the formals section. I had to get my lab coat, theatre-dress (scrubs) cleaned. Tomorrow, I have to iron a truck load of stuff while watching the Asia Cup final between India and Sri Lanka. My scooter needed service. The list of chores could go on and on...



Besides, I have been spending a lot of time at the dentist's. Oh! I haven't told you yet, have I? I have finally got braces on. It is not as uncomfortable as some of my friends suggested mainly due to the fact that traction using rubber bands has not been applied on mine yet. And because they are ceramic braces, they look great. For that, I have had to subject myself to a couple of tooth extractions. Both were relatively pleasant extractions. But the second one has given me a long, thin, crevice in my mouth which lodges food residues which accumulate, putrefy and impart a nice little toothache/headache.



This has been quite a problem for me over the last couple of days. So much so, that I have had to use analgesics (painkillers) for the purpose. Well the pain is sort of dull, vague, depressing type and handicaps me in almost everything. Besides, I have have horrid time eating because it is hard to chew with braces on. And once you have eaten, you actually feel like a rhinoceros in a stenchy pool of dirt because just about everything you have eaten seems to have stagnated in your mouth.



That is not all. It is better for me to not have tea/coffee or any colored/stainable beverage because they can stain these ceramic braces. You have got to admit, what is the point in having these expensive ceramic braces if they get dicolored?



Having read all this, you might be worndering if I'm feeling bad about putting on braces. It must be obvious, right? But it isn't. I'm feeling okay. One of my friends pointed out a few years back: 'Kris, you have a wonderful face. But you need to get your teeth sorted out to let the beauty through!' I guess, all this trouble is worth taking if I'm going to get a wonderful smile in under 2 years time. After all, I'm going to be on the hunt to seduce the hottest men on the planet. And for that I need to be physically endowed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris, you make it clear to your ortodondist that he better not kill your wicked smile, else I shall kill him.

And all the best at work now that you are getting back on track again.

JK

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris, I am posting this comment the second time, for whatever reason it did not show up..

You make it clear to your orthododist that if he screws up that wicked smile of yours then I shall kill him.
And that makes me wonder if you ever needed this procedure, you are the best judge.

All the best to you, now that you are getting back on your career track.

JK

Kris Bass said...

JK, don't worry. My wonderfully charming smile will only get better. The Orthodontist is actually a very warm, caring sort of person. I don't think he deserves to be killed even if he messes up my smile. Besides, I've much more than the famous smile! ;)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...