Busy days

I’m totally enjoying my re-entry to professional life. But, that means that I’m getting very little time to stuff like blogging. I guess that this would mean that my blogs will get more concise and therefore, more readable. Fine.



I have started on a new song called ‘Living your dream’. I thought the lyrics sucked. Try the poem at the bottom of this post. I have the basic melody and the chord progression and I recorded a demo a couple of days back. It sounds okay. I hope I’ll do much more with this song than previously. Usually, I end up making a melody and recording a demo, stop there and start working on another song. That means that very little time gets invested on improving the song. Sort of lazy, isn’t it?



I had a disappointing time watching ‘Van Helsing’. Screenplay was drab, acting was average, animation poor and the movie was very, very predictable. I hope ‘Troy’ gets released here soon.



I read a couple of books by ‘Ben Elton’ in the last month or so. I think I’m getting very interested in fiction of the comedy/satire genre. I’m going to try P. G. Wodehouse again.





‘Living Your Dream’


[modified on 14/08/04]



After what seemed like eternity

I redeemed some dignity

Head held high, beaming face

I saved myself from more disgrace



If you want to know why



A few years back, I recall

On a rainy night in fall

I discovered a hidden charm (which)

Saved myself from more harm



I wanna tell you why



I won't get paid for this

But it's something I can't miss

I want to run and scream

Nothing like living your dream



It was a busy day

I missed a movie today

A routine With my best mate

And more of this I can take



If you want to know Why



Because Now, I have realized

A dream, from the day I cried

And it gives me what I need

Without which I would bleed



I wanna tell you why



I won't get paid for this

But it's something I can't miss

I want to run and scream

Nothing like living your dream




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u right..lyrics are terrible..but maybe when u sing it..with the music et all..the song may sound lively...
troy is better than van...long movie but brad's awesome...u keep posting ..will wait on ur next one...
-Jonty

Kris Bass said...

Looking forward to Troy. But it seems I will miss out on it. It was released all over India when there was a movie-strike here. And about the song; I somehow have managed to make it sound okay with the music. But really, I can't sing the song with the same lyrics. I have to re-write it I guess. And I'll be able to post only two days later. Sorry. :)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...