The demise of the great Marlon Brando

The 'Godfather' has finally parted ways with us. In a remarkable career full of controversies and brilliance, Marlon Brando gave us a lot to cherish with his astonishing portrayals of characters. And for this reason, for the third day in consecution, I'm using photos in my blog entries. The reason is the same. I adore this guy! And he, as you might have guessed by now, is on my WHILTHS list. Like Saddam, he lost some of his voluptuousness as the years ticked by, mainly due to his weight problem. Here's why.

Marlon in GodfatherMarlon in his later years
Marlon in GodfatherMarlon in his later years

It might a stark coincidence to note that the first picture should come from a site called Moustache Database. Most of my best men would be on that database I'm sure. If there is any other database that might reveal my favorites, it might be called 'Frown-lines on the forehead Database'. Marlon, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, and Sean Connery - they all have such sexy foreheads when they frown!

I've been reading up about Marlon's career on New York Times and there were a lot of things which I thought I should quote here and comment about.


In addition to physical beauty, Brando brought psychological torment, moral ambivalence, savage intensity and a smoldering, at times oddly ambiguous, sexuality.
Now, I don't think I should search further for reasons why I like him as much as I do. Maybe it's the gaydar thing!
"Whenever we want something from somebody or when we want to hide something or pretend, we're acting. Most people do it all day long."
I really believe in what Brando is saying here. In fact I think that is what I'm doing each and every living moment.
Jack Nicholson, who co-starred with Mr. Brando in "The Missouri Breaks," (1976) and was a friend and neighbor for many years, termed him "a genius who was the beginning and end of his own revolution."

Mr. Nicholson said that Mr. Brando was the reason that he - and many other actors of his generation - entered the profession. "I was in high school when I saw `The Wild One,' " Mr. Nicholson said."He changed my life forever."
All throughout reading the article, I wish I was someone who knew Marlon in real life. But at this point, I wish I was Marlon himself. He lived next door to Jack Nicholson and they have been great friends! Come on, what I have I done to receive this tormenting? And I could have changed Jack's life forever if he had allowed me to! ;)

Docker hasn't yet replied to me about what he thought about chatting after what had happened between us in the past few days. I am hoping that he would adjust with my 'limitations'. I haven't heard from Mr. Lion again since he replied after a gap. Maybe he is busy taking care of daughter before her delivery. I should allow him some room here, I guess.

Things are starting look brighter in my hobby field. Yesterday, I took a couple of books from the library about HTML and PHP. I'm going through the HTML books as I type because I'm using my HTML to design this little post here itself. Why such a sudden impetus? Well, because I got another offer from a person who owns a big shot in the Medical PG field on the internet to host my website on his servers. I really thought I should upgrade my website before I think about hosting options. The owner of the SilverDaddies.com site was also generous to help me out with my nagging doubts. I am grateful for that.

I've been writing some mails to my sister. But she apparently doesn't get time to read through these. I know things are not 'bright' with her in laws. But I think my BIL and Sis should try and read through what I write and reply the situation demands it. I don't know if I should excuse her for being lazy. But do I have another option?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...