The LGBT community in India has united and has condemned these actions by the TV channel. The YouTube video has been flagged and YouTube has taken in down, and although I'm sure that this video will be uploaded at other locations soon, it is a positive step in protesting against the channel which has invaded the privacy of innocent people. The latest on the news story is that one student who was exposed in the news story has committed suicide. I don't have any official confirmation for the same.
Apparently, as a knee-jerk reactions, hundreds of members of PlanetRomeo have deleted/moved profiles and taken off their photos from the site. LGBT community members in Mumbai are planning a peaceful protest at the TV9 office in Mumbai on Friday. This will be against the ridiculous story run by the TV9 Telugu division. The details will be posted soon.
Please help the community in protesting against this serious issue of invasion of privacy. Thank you!
What you can do:
- Flag video/copies of the story online
- Write to the TV channel
- Express solidarity to our friends from Hyderabad
- By talking about this on various social media platforms
- By changing your FaceBook profile picture to a picture which displays protest to TV9
- By changing your Planet Romeo profile to "Hyderabad" and post your pictures on it
- Join the community in our peaceful protest against TV9 on Friday evening at TV9's office (Details on my next post)
Please do as much as you can. Let this be a movement to prevent such stupid journalism from raising its head again.