Stamp of authority

When I had gone to attend Chuck's engagement, my friend A. had handed me a piece of paper which his dad would later collect from me in my home town. In the two weeks since then, I had forgotten all about it.



Before we go further, let me introduce A.'s father - I'll refer to him as Dr. S. He is a very talkative, hot-looking older man who is very confident. He is sarcastic and sometimes even mildly arrogant. But that works fine for me. I love older men who establish a stamp of authority on everyone else.



Yesterday night, when I lay slumped on the couch watching 'Will & Grace', the phone rang. As is the routine in my house (I hate answering phones. My parents take the phone up when it rings.) my Dad answered it and announced that it was for me. I took the phone up and was surprised to hear this.



"Kris, this is Dr. S. I guess A. gave you that paper. I need to have it. When do you usually get up in the morning? I guess you will be really late!"




"Well, umm... I have to go to the hospital in the morning. So I get up by 7 AM at least."




"Will you get the paper and wait for me at the main road at 7.45 AM? I pass your location between 7.45 and 7.50 AM everyday. I might have forgotten the exact way to your place and I don't have time to come down your lane and search. Can you make it?




"Of course. Yes. So tomorrow 7.45 AM. Good night."




"Yeah, good night."


Today morning I was late in getting up. I rushed through my daily routines and was about to tuck my shirt up in my pants when I heard someone honking. It didn't take too long to figure out that it was none other than Dr. S. It was only 7.44 AM on my watch. I went down with that paper.



As I got out through the front door I could see Dr. S, not even bothering to get out of the car, waiting for me with a smirk on his face.



"I knew it. Can't rely on someone who is A.'s friend."




"But it's not even 7.45 AM. I was about to start." and then I hand over the paper.




"Nevermind. How are you doing?"




"I'm okay. Been busy at the hospital."




"Still wasting your parents' hard earned-money I guess." He looked at his watch and added "I need to go to the hospital. Good bye."




"Bye." I watch him drive away.



This is the usual way he treats me. And I loooooooove it. How I wish he had asked me to serve him inside the car right in front of my place!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...