May is unwell

We live in the electronic age. It is true and the realization came a couple of days back.



The day before, when I was hanging out with Ray at my home, I received an instant message from May's mom on my MSN messenger. She informed me that May was not feeling well. She had come home early from the hospital and was feeling giddy. She had almost fallen down on arriving at home and needed to helped to a couch. She had a low back-ache and it was hurting badly. She could not even move.



I was very worried and I told May's Mom that I would come over and take a look. I showered, got dressed and took Ray along with me to May's home. She was lying on a couch. I was very glad that she was smiling on seeing me; glad because I knew it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. You can't imagine what ran through my mind when I thought of all the differential diagnoses of a low back-ache and giddiness in a young woman.



Thankfully, after I took her history and examined her, that too with my rusty clinical skills, it seemed like a simple back sprain. Besides, she was running a slight fever. If it wasn't a sprain, it should be a Viral Myalgic Syndrome. I consulted with the budding Orthopedician in Chuck as well. It was funny because this is the first time I'm seeking help from him in Orthopedics, the same field I was going to specialize in. I and Ray explained it to May's Mom who was very relieved after knowing that it wasn't serious. We bought her pain killers and asked her to take rest.



We chatted over tea and a delicious snack that May's mom had made for us. And then we departed.



I was glad that I could help my dear friends in need. I was even happier because my dear friends help me help other friends. The world seems so nice right now; like a fairy tale, with an electronic touch to it. How else can you explain why I should know about an emergency over an instant messenger, which was intended mainly for precocious pre-teens to have brainless chat sessions. The same instant messenger, by the way, is the medium blamed widely for promoting pedophilia over the internet in countries like the U. K. How ironic!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...