An enjoyable trip

It is nice to be back after a tour to attend my friend’s wedding. It was a pleasant experience. Despite the fact that the wedding was a drawn-out, boring process, I had a nice time mainly because there were a couple of attractive older men in the bridegroom’s (my friend) party. One of them was his Dad and my friend knows about this. But he knows that I won’t do anything stupid.



One of the things that I was really worried about while planning this trip was if and how I’ll get along with a friend of mine who always seems to get to my nerves. We have had our share of squabbles in the past and are currently cool with each other. But I’m very uncomfortable around him and have been trying my best to avoid meeting him as much as I can. To my surprise, we found a couple of common topics on which we held the same general stand and spent almost the whole time on the train, to and fro, discussing them. That left me with very few instances of annoying remarks from him.



Along with that I got some quality time with my sister. I went to her home and spent a couple of hours with the in-laws. Like my friend, they were very nice as well.



Finally after coming back, I am feeling good about the trip. I am happy to have given Ray and Chuck some gifts that I bought and I’m actually giving my newly wed friend a gift at the reception party in my town today evening. I like this a lot. I’m thinking of the days when I never believed in giving gifts. I didn’t have any quality friends then.



The only let down in the scheme of things at present is the fact that my weirdo friend K is pissed after I refused him time at my PC. I really think that I had a genuine reason, and therefore, I’m not feeling too bad about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One has to learn to say 'No' and you need not be regretful having not spared K computer time. I learnt this very late and have had to bear the brunt of exploitation by a few, some of them friends. But can they be called friends if you feel you have been exploited.
On the other hand I have no limits when it comes to real friends, which leads to the question- Is K a friend?

JK

Kris Bass said...

JK, I must say that even I have thought about the usage of the word 'friend' in this context. I think I'm using it in the general sense meaning someone who you see often and interact with. If I had tighten up on the definition then K wouldn't be a friend. This is because I don't find it bothersome when Ray uses my computer. But that makes me feel like I'm biased. The fact that K, who once was a great listener--he was one of the first I came out to, has ceased to become a 'friend' in the purest of senses, is a worry for me. I think I migrate from a circle of friends to another as time passes by. Is that okay?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris,
It is difficult for me to assess how good you are in terms of maintaining friendships, but guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt.
K has definitely meant a lot to you considering that you came out to him first, times change, people change and you will have no choice but to make the necessary changes in your attitude towards people. You are young and are in the learning process of the mechanism of human behaviour. There is no room for regret however, move forward....you are getting wiser each day with new interactions and experience. It is when you meet certain people down the road that you realise that your past relationships were shallow, this is not always true but happens.
Goes without saying nobody is perfect and I am sure you know that and are not looking for that 100% in K which I am sure none of us are.

JK

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...