Help the quake victims

Yesterday, a 9.0 magnitude earth quake and a resultant Tsunami struck Japan. It has been termed as the worst disaster in Japan after WWII. Over 10,000 people are estimated to have died and many more have been deprived of food, home, and shelter.

We are all saddened by the turn of events. Instead of mourning and posting messages of hopes and prayers on social networking sites, I urge you to donate what you can to the Red Cross. The details of the ways you can donate are given in this page. This is the page for donations for the tsunami/earthquake at the American Red Cross site.

The simplest among the options is to send a text message to 75772. For every message, $50 will be donated to the fund. Each SMS carries a charge of 30 cents. However, I'm not sure if this is only applicable to Singapore.

On another Twitter search, I found this link which seems to be applicable throughout the world. It says "Text message REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 immediately. You can do it multiple times, but wait for a request to confirm each $10 before sending more."

Please do as much as you can to help the needy.

*UPDATE: I tried sending an SMS to the second number. I still haven't got a response to that message*

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...