The party at the surgeon's

I should have posted about this three weeks back. But due to before-mentioned reasons, I was unable to. During my apartment search, I had to get in touch with a few people on my G-calling list. One of them, a surgeon by profession, invited me for this party at his apartment.

Since it was the first G party that I was attending after a period of about 2 years, I was excited. Understandably, Vinokur darling was anxious. He has this belief that in the right environment for mating, with alcohol adding as an enzyme, the love chemistry between the members can result in a reaction that could lead to emotional or long-lasting side effects. He considers a G party like the one that I was about to attend was such a party.

But…, give me a break, would ja!

I’m so far committed in this relationship with him that that if I were to metaphorize, this would be what I can come up with.


  • 'Point of No Return' – the point at which the consequence of an action cannot be altered under the laws of physics.
  • 'Point of Inevitability' – the point of time at which there is no way that you can stop yourself from having an orgasm.


I’m past both of this. I’m about 2343 miles after the first one and about 9 months since the second one.

Anyway, I understood his concerns and I had framed an answer for anyone who made advances to me. ‘You must know Mr. _____ that I’m already in committed relationship with my boyfriend. That means NO!’ I also carried a photo of his on my mobile phone so that I could show it to anyone interested.

But I was dressed in the most sophisticated, but casual way and was looking attractive, as judged by the amount of attraction that I got at the party. A couple of persons did hit on me big time. One of them even tried to get a little physical. But I didn’t get ruffled!

I had a nice time though. Meeting new people, making new friends etc. The apartment was the best apartment that I have ever been in. I was wondering how anyone could afford such an apartment at such a posh location in South Mumbai! But I guess, just like how I could, being a surgeon helps.

Two long-term relationships amounting up to 31 years between them helped me raise my expectations about my relationship succeeding to clock up that far! I also happened to meet a trans-generational couple who seemed to seeing each other. I met a couple of good friends; one of them in the jewellery industry who will help me and Vinokur get the rings that I want to exchange with him.

I really think that I should be attending more such parties… well, only if I can keep my lil’ Vinokur comfortable with the prospect of such a ‘dangerous’ environment.

1 comment:

priyanka desai said...

this is priyanka desai ... i work for IBN LOKMAT it is a new marathi news channel from CNN IBN... Mr. NIKHIL WAGLE is the editor.... i am planning for my VALENTINE DAY stories... i know it is so much close to our hearts always... i was wondering if anyone would like to volunteer to simply talk to me about it... the entire idea is to look at the gay community as one of the beautiful symbols of love.... please write in... i am doing a show on monday ...with the same ideology.... it will be a small chat on how in these changing times of society and lifestyles... what remains constant is the concept of love... i think it would be really great to have a representative of the gay community who is bold about this concept.... i assure you that the identity will be withheld.... you can also get in touch with me on 9930 360 546 or my email id.... i will be obliged to read or infact hear from you...
- Show quoted text -

thanks do much ...

waiting for your reply....

--
priyanka desai
desaipria@gmail.com
mumbai

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...