Dreaming about books

It might seem strange to you. But I'm dreaming about books. I'm dreaming about buying books off bookshelves in bookstores and reading them. In the past week, I've been to a bookstore 5 times, each time wanting to buy at least a dozen books and actually buying none.

The reason is simple. Poverty. I don't have enough money to indulge in books. Fuck, this life is pathetic. Here I'm on the verge of becoming a rock star! Forget that. I have almost completed 23 years of gooddamned high-standard education. See my plight?

I've been reading excerpts from books by people like Rushdie, Lahiri, Ben Elton, Asimov and many more! I want to read more books.

Seriously, books seem to be the only way that I can reasonably hope to get lost from the current state of mind that I'm in. They hardly ever, though I must admit that at times they do, remind me of those memories and the immaterialized hopes and dreams that may never ever come true.

I'm currently reading three books at home. 'A Catcher in the Rye' by J. D. Salinger, 'Nightfall' by Isaac Asimvo and Silverbirg and 'An Interpreter of Maladies' by Jhumpa Lahiri!

I'm also reading 'Chart Throb' by Ben Elton at the Landmark store in Infiniti mall!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...