Strange day

It was the strangest of days. The day started out peacefully. I finished up my hospital work by mid afternoon and called Xander and S. Xander was free and eagerly expecting us to join. S. was at home and was apparently making some midi tracks for us to practice on. As I was starting, it suddenly started pouring. I was delayed by an hour and by the time I had reached there it was around 4.

Xander showed me the printout of the e-mail that he had received regarding the soundtrack of the docu-drama that he had been offered earlier in the week. If I hadn't mentioned about it before, Xander was offered an opportunity to make three original tracks for a docu-drama by one of his friends who's making the movie. It was about a company which employed a slightly higher proportion of disabled employers (who were referred to as 'differently abled'; which I thought was cool).

They wanted us to come with slow, mellow rock songs which could relate to emotions like triumph/strength, happiness, love, sadness, confusion in communication etc. The task itself looked interesting and challenging. Then we tried analyzing some songs in our collection which we thought could fit into this. We had a little bit of an argument about the emotions of the songs; me judging with the music/melody and Xander judging by the lyric. After an hour of that, we finally turned to a few of our own songs which could be modified and put in.

That was going nicely until Xander's girlfriend G. came in. She and Xander started kissing and making out. I tried to pretend to ignore them and the stuff they were doing. But the rest of the time I spent there trying to learn some songs was meaningless. I had plans to meet Victor later on in the evening and I needed to go back to the hospital for the round. I left confirming with Xander that we were not jamming in the night.

After I finished my round, I tried calling Victor. He didn't pick up the phone. I was confused. I gave him an SMS and then I lay down in the bed thinking what had happened. I must have dozed off and I got up at around 2 AM with a headache. I had forgotten to eat. I went down to eat an absolutely pathetic meal. Then I came back up to sleep.

I don't know what to make of this day. Two important things happened - both regarding personal relationships. One is that I'm not able to manage mine. Second is that Xander's personal life is interfering with the band's progress.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...