The deluge

Yesterday's jamming session left a lot to be desired. Xander went under one of those blues deluges that hits him (and us) often. Maybe it was partly due to the fact that S. had inadvertently broken one of the memorabilia that Xander so loved. Something called as the 'Sands of Dubai'. I still don't remember exactly how it looked like or what it was. When I went there, purposefully late, Xander, S. and Xander's friend J. were finishing up cleaning up the place of all the dust that the electrician generated.

I was in a heavenly mood to jam and with S. around, the prospect seemed further inviting. It took some time for Xander to come to some normality. When the jokes started flowing I thought everything was going to be great. With the comfort of a ceiling fan things should have been. But then, Xander was not singing. But I and S. were getting along, in terms of jamming that is, very well. It was evident from my face showing all my teeth and the yellow coloured braces that I was enjoying it very much despite Xander not jamming.

I thought he realized that himself. Maybe that aggravated the problem further. We just jammed one beautiful song 'So Far Away' from Staind. The rest of the jam session was mediocre. We also had a little argument between ourselves about how to prepare for a jam session. I am on the firm belief that the members should be prepared beforehand, something like doing homework, for such jamming sessions. But both Xander and S. are lazy and won't do serious preparation. Therefore it is pretty obvious that such problem will persist.

It's upto me to come to terms with it and not get bogged down. Whatever, I rode back to the hostel at 2.30 AM after watching Germany thrash the Portugese listening to Live's classic songs from 'Throwing Copper', so wanting to jam the with my band.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...