Clean Creativity

I honestly don’t have an answer as to why I am still living in Mumbai. The dust/smoke pollution is now even making the rounds in property ads, where websites/apps are advertising themselves to be proficient in telling customers/clients who bad areas in the city are to live. Until you live in a dustbowl of a city like Mumbai—I don’t know if there is a dustier metropolis out there—you won’t know the joys of the evening of a day of dusting, swabbing, tidying, and new set of bed linen.

Yesterday was one such day, when I felt comfortable in being in my own apartment without drifting into thinking how I continue to live in the dusty mess. The surprising thing is that the feeling continued to sustain through today as well, despite the view out the window gently drifting to a sepia/smog shot from a post-apocalyptic show/movie (the post-nuclear fallout Fear The Walking Dead, for example).

Spent a bunch of time reading and sketching. My first day using graphite pencils (Darwent), and it was a different experience. I should have something more to say than different, but I guess it is such a new experience that I don’t really have anything else to say. I might need to get better stationery to use these pencils, because most of my sketching was done on a sketching pad meant for watercolors.

By evening, I wanted an evening out. I hadn’t stepped out for the whole weekend as well. So I decided to take the Metro to explore a new Keralite restaurant (Just Kerala Hotel, Andheri East). The food was exceptionally tasty, but it’s on the more expensive side for Mallu food. I even had a couple of beers.

I returned home to see that my color pencil set has also arrived. The clean (relative) home does make me feel like I should try them out tonight itself. But before I did, I had to write something, and that’s exactly what I am doing now.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...